Anyone Purchased Lenses/filters/Mics for their MX300? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old July 5th, 2003, 02:43 AM   #1
New Boot

Anyone Purchased Lenses/filters/Mics for their MX300?

I am going to sound like a complete amatuer, as i have still not taken the effort to learn about lenses etc... so far i've only shot stuff naturally as is, or sometimes sticking my sunglasses in front of lens to get a tint effect...

i always thought putting stuff in front a camera would be really expensive, i.e. SLR zoom lenses!! but recently found out they're not too bad.

Basically i want to know how the picture will change if i used this Wide Angle lens (advertised on the Panasonic eshop UK) http://www.panasonic.co.uk/ashop/product.asp?i=NVMX300B

it would be for film-making... and i would like a more film look. Anyone have any links to any pics that compare with/without wide lenses.. i've never touched one so i'm not sure what the actual effect is.. i keep thinking it gives a fish eye type image..

also would i shoot in 4:3? or would i need to put in cinema mode.. ? or does it make no difference whatsoever?

I'm assuming a wide angle lens, gives a less flat image, and something with more dimension and scope..

Finally how would i buy and fit filters?? what type should i look for, if i was filming in say India.. ranging from dry land to busy cityscape. I'm not overtly fussy about the end look, just so long as it doesn't look too home video, at this stage i'm more concerned about making good movies - but if it doesn't cost a lot to make them look a bit better then i'm all for it!! :D

PS: any good UK sites to buy from??

also anyone know of any good microphones which i can put in the accessory shoe, and would be self powered by normal batteries.. the shoe provides no power right?
or can i get a hot shoe adapter, which can hold a microphone, i've got a pretty good sony one, but not with any hot shoe connections, it's just a normal mic.

Cheers guys!!
Trishul Jayaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2003, 07:25 PM   #2
Outer Circle

You own a nice cam. A good wide angle will give you a wider picture. Although the Pana wide is good, it does not come with filter threads in the front. Filters? Get a UV for sure. The rest, you'll have to decide. I find some of the Cokins nice, like the Sunsoft and 81B. An ND will open up our iris (aperture). Audio? Look at a Glenbox and a good mic such as a Senn 66/K6. I've heard pro's and con's with Pana's 2 available mics (stereo and zoom).
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant