Remote Control for MX300 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old July 11th, 2003, 08:36 AM   #1
New Boot

Remote Control for MX300

Hi,

I'm looking for a Remote, that I can attach to the arm of my Tripod. I have (or will have next week) the 055CL Tripod with the 128RC Head from Manfrotto. Manfrotto have a LANC remote but only for Canon and Sony Cams. Panasonic provides a Tripod with a Remote for Basic Functions, but the Tripod itself can't compare with the Manfrotto.

Any Ideas, where to get such a remote, or if something like this exists at all?

Greetz Garet
Radeon 9500
WinXP, Premiere 6.5
Greetz Garet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2003, 02:37 PM   #2
Outer Circle

Why not e-mail Stuart and ask:

stuartc@panasonic.com.au
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2003, 03:20 PM   #3
Major Player

Did you verify whether the RC when attached to the tripod arm is still able to control your cam? If you have an RC with your MX300 use that one, and just get a cheap universal learning remote control for yr other applications
Andre De Clercq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2003, 10:59 PM   #4
Major Player

Unfortunately for us MX users, there is no Standard jack remote control that is wired to the cam. One great suggestion from Steven Khong which I have tried and found usable is to attach a fiber-optic cable (used for digital audio) and connect to the IR remote control supplied with the cam.

The connections are a bit tricky, I haven't found a fantastically good idea. DIY possibility includes using a large 'bulldog' clip with a hole drilled and glue gun to secure the optical cable to the clip on the remote end. For the camera end, you may need a base (arm for external flash on any SLR camera) secured to the tripod mount and secure the optical cable to point into the IR receiver.

The optical cable certainly works, I have tried by keeping things in place by my hands.
SW: iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Ulead Video Studio, various little utilities
Yow Cheong Hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2003, 05:13 PM   #5
New Boot

gee, looks like there is nothing standard to use... Not the kinda DIY type to try what you suggested.. might send a mail though.

Thanks for the Info guys.
Radeon 9500
WinXP, Premiere 6.5
Greetz Garet is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant