Operating the GS100K - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 4th, 2003, 05:29 PM   #61
Major Player

Thanks Shawn
I am able to figure it out from the gs70 953 manuals.
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2003, 11:36 PM   #62
Major Player

Where does the waist battery VW-VBD7 for GS100 and 70 available in US ?
Old August 6th, 2003, 08:58 PM   #63
Major Player

Old August 18th, 2003, 04:29 PM   #64
Regular Crew

Waist battery

As far as I've heard, the waist battery is not directly available in the US at all.

I just got my black GS100 from PriceJapan (DHL) this morning and I got the waist battery with it...

The battery pack is smaller than I had expected it to be. ;-)

I do know the battery came with the cables for both battery types (GS100 and MX500/DV953 compatable) so you just use the cable you need and toss the other... Or keep it so you can use the battery with a friends camera and make them drool. ;-)
Old August 18th, 2003, 08:26 PM   #65
Major Player

Thanks Donald. I hope the waist battery will soon be available in US.

I dont want to order only that one from price japan.
Old August 19th, 2003, 11:48 AM   #66
Regular Crew

query for gs100 owners

hello board,

I'm buying the GS100K within the next couple of days.

Need your inputs on two things:

1. the CD with the driver software that comes with the shipment is in Japanese, and will work only with Jap OS. Is there an alternate that will work with Windows 2000?

2. The remote that comes is also marked in Japanese. Is there an English alternate?

I am OK with dealing with the Jap menus using the excellent translation provided by others on this board, and intend to manage with the 953 Manual.

Thanks in advance for your response.
Amit Sawarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2003, 01:30 PM   #67
Regular Crew

Amit:

I used to have a pdf of the english buttons on the remote on my computer. I can't find it now and I think I deleted it. I understand that a new one (english) from B & H is only 16 dollars. That may be something you might want to do. The English version remote translation pdf is somewhere in this forum I think- I believe it's been posted here before. You might also want to check the Yahoo forum on the GS100. There are several posts there where english translations were made. I do have the Japanese menu translations if you require them but they are also available here online.

As for the software I can't help you, but I did read that the software can be downloaded from the Panasonic site so you should be in business.

Good luck.
Rick Tugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2003, 01:23 AM   #68
Regular Crew

thanks Rick,

much appreciated.
I've posted another query on the gs100K owners association thread.

would be great have your point of view.
Amit Sawarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2003, 07:50 PM   #69
Regular Crew

There's OIS and Mega OIS. OIS I can enable on the Camera Setup menu. How do I enable Mega OIS?

What's the difference? Should I just leave OIS or Mega OIS on all the time (except when using a tripod)?
Aylwin Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2003, 09:12 PM   #70
Major Player

Mega OIS is enabled only in still picture mode automatically when you half press the shutter.

For normal video use the OIS is controled via the menu (on/off)
Bogdan Vaglarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2003, 10:25 AM   #71
Regular Crew

Mega OIS is extremely useful for stills. It stablizes the picture and produces sharp images even when the camcorder is shaky (holding the camcorder with one hand and at 4x zoom). It manifests itself as a dot in the middle of the viewfinder in photo mode. When the dot is green, Mega OIS has a "lock" on your subject.

OIS is your standard Optical Image Stablization for video. That works great too IMO. It eliminates a lot of my hand "shake" and vibration induced movements. Best of all, unlike Electronic (EIS) it works in all light conditions including low light.
Eng Yew Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2003, 09:30 PM   #72
Major Player

The green dot actually signifies that the image is in focus. thus you can safely take the still shot. In Japanese, that dot is called "shutter chance mark".

You can deactive MEGA OIS and still be able to focus and take stills..but why would anyone do that?

Regards
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2003, 04:26 PM   #73
Tourist

Mike de la Fuente - Manual download

I thought this thread was for OPERATING INSTRUCTION SUBJECT MATTER ONLY.

Mike,

I looked at both your translated and Japanese manuals. Other then the English translated section, the Japanese text did not transfer properly. I want to fool around with translation the document with some Japanese friends. Can you email me a copy of the Japanese manual in a format that I can read and download.

Email me at ricklorimarshall@hotmail.com for my personal email. Because of its size, I don't think my hotmail account will handle the full document.

Can ANYONE tell me were I can download the manual in PDF format.

Rick
Rick Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2003, 04:57 PM   #74
Regular Crew

Hi Rick,

You can download the GS100K manual in Panasonic web site. I can also email a copy to you.
Old September 2nd, 2003, 06:05 PM   #75
Regular Crew

Blue menu items

Can anyone tell me what "blue" menu items are? Does that mean that a function is disabled? I just got the GS100 and am trying to figure out the settings...some menu items are shown in dark blue...and don't seem available... For example, in the camera setup menu, Program AE(which should have 6 options) shows in dark blue with only one option available....

Thanks...

Peter
Peter Warren is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant