Oncamera light for MX500(pv953) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 2nd, 2003, 03:08 AM   #1
Tourist

Oncamera light for MX500(pv953)

What kind of oncamera light is the best for mx500 camcorder?
How much does it cost?
Alex Sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2003, 03:36 AM   #2
Major Player

The Pany video light is called VZ-LDDS9,10W, powered by Pany VW--VBD33 battery (1500mAH).

List prices in Pany catalogues are as follows:

VZ-LDDS9: JPY9,500
VW-VBD33: JPY12,000
VZ-LL10: JPY1,500 (spare lamp)

The above battery will fit onto the charger supplied with your cam, and compatible with the cam itself.
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2003, 04:27 AM   #3
Tourist

<<<-- Originally posted by Allan Rejoso : The Pany video light is called VZ-LDDS9,10W, powered by Pany VW--VBD33 battery (1500mAH).

List prices in Pany catalogues are as follows:

VZ-LDDS9: JPY9,500
VW-VBD33: JPY12,000
VZ-LL10: JPY1,500 (spare lamp)

The above battery will fit onto the charger supplied with your cam, and compatible with the cam itself. -->>>

Thanx ALAN!!!!But I really cannot find VZ-LDDS9, VW-VBD33 &
VZ-LL10 in USA market today,may be you know american equivalent for pana light?
Alex Sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2003, 04:42 AM   #4
Major Player

"may be you know american equivalent for pana light?"

Sorry Alex I don't know. Perhaps Frank does.

One thing I'm curious is whether bigger batts (2700mAH, etc.) would work with the VZ-LDDS9. I think they should as the mount and output voltage (7.2V) are identical. Most probably, you already have a spare battery for your MX500.
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2003, 04:48 AM   #5
Inner Circle

i would be MOST interested n one of these...

i been searching high and low and pana wont be bringing this out in oz :(

I think the US is also suffering from this as i cannot find it on ANY online stores :( :(

if anyone knows of a source, i would be very appreciative!

err.... hang on....

does this feed off the cams standard battery or does it actually take another battery?

--> oops just saw it.. it takes another battery.. so in the end your carrying a cam with 2 batteries.. one for the light and one for the cam itself...

this sux the big one when you're also attaching tryin to attache a shotgun mic...
when i first saw it, i thought the flat end was an extended shoe adapter... basically allowing the light AND a mic to be fitted.... :(

Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2003, 03:04 PM   #6
Outer Circle

Accessories for consumer Sonys and Canons are very good in North America, for Panasonics and JVCs it's slim pickings. I have never seen Pana lights for their small cams sold locally, and if you ask a dealer, they say, "Huh?" My suggestion is to order from Allan or Tim. Since Allan is an active helpful member here, and he has already helped you, make arrangements with him for getting a light. I'm sure once he receives your order, he can have it out to you within a couple of days.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant