How many here own a GS100? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 18th, 2003, 08:59 PM   #31
Major Player

Thanks Raj,
One guy to make me feel better I didn't put my hands on the black one.
Phew... I'm fine with the silver without discount.
Still dreaming in black though...
Bogdan Vaglarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2003, 10:42 PM   #32
Major Player

...don't mean to hurt anybody guys...yeah, it's just a matter of preference

...if the wife sees a pink one, she'll definitely get one...but for now, she dreams of the black as well...(a convert..she initially preferred the silver until I brought home a black for testing.)
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2003, 12:12 AM   #33
Outer Circle

The whiff and I went to look at that JVC consumer 1-chip MPEG2 HD cam today. It's looks and feels like a VX2000---almost. While I was looking 'er over, the whiff picked up this big analog beast and said, "Look! This one's nice, and only $349 Canadian---I want one!" I didn't answer her right away and instead said, "Look ma, 1 hand." (While I was holding the MPEG2 consumer HD cam in one hand with 3 hungry salesmen waiting for the kill.) Finally I answered: "Forget it. That's garbage." She quickly put it down like it was going to bite her with a concerned, "OHhhh...." (And I was sure that she had the light bulb turned on then.)

:)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2003, 07:01 PM   #34
Major Player

Question for Peter!

Peter Jefferson wrote: "MX500's were great... small, great colours, audio is incredible and is great for Dolby Digital work (were standardised froma whiile back so continuing that was important), especially with the VMS2e switchable mics... may be small, but obsolutely incredible for a trully discreet job.... and set properly more importantly, it didnt look like home video."

Peter, I've seen quite many of your posts on many treads - all knowledgeable and well educated – thanks!

I wonder if you can put some more light on the audio issues using this small cams (MX500, GS100).

How do you feel about Panasonic VW-VMS2 mic? It’s quite cheaper compared to more pro options like Audio Technica AT822 for example. Is it suitable for straight on camera mounting? What's your set up for them? Do you do Dolby Digital in Vagas?

Well sorry for so many questions and looking forward for any answer.
Bogdan
Bogdan Vaglarov is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant