dvinfo stars on pricejapan! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 15th, 2003, 02:22 AM   #1
Major Player

dvinfo stars on pricejapan!

Click on the picture of the GS100K on the pricejapan site to see a link to one of dvinfo's threads and a link to the Masaki/Eng Yew translation of the menus. Surely this entitles you to inside info from Panasonic, Frank.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2003, 03:02 AM   #2
Outer Circle

Thanks. The only problem is that my old Netscape can't read that site. I'll have to attack the free computer at the gym to have a boo. That's why I'd rather have a MX5000 today, than spend a year's salary on something that'll be obsolete tomorrow. However, the GS100 is looking prettier and prettier---especially the black mamba flavour. Poor Pokey is still collecting bottles to save up for his MX5000. See pockey pic here:

http://www.dvfreak.com/mx5000ad.jpg

Description of a poker cam here:

http://www.dv.com/forums/showReplies...&tid=107100017

Note: the MX5000 and GS100 are not pokerish nor puffy. They are nice, solid video tools which fit in your palm just right. :)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2003, 02:11 PM   #3
Major Player

Patricia,
PriceJapan watches both the camcorerdinfo and dvinfo forums, and get the best one and put in their site.

Before they put a camcorderinfo link.
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2003, 02:24 PM   #4
Outer Circle

We're better? According to pricejapan? Oh, oh. Robin's not going to be happy. She does get good "insider" information. You have to give her site credit.
Old August 15th, 2003, 03:36 PM   #5
Major Player

Well, this is really getting off topic, but I will say it anyway. I do visit camcorderinfo regularly. Occasionally I even read a review. But in my mind the reason camcorderinfo cannot compare with dvinfo is twofold: the number of skilled pros who frequent the dvinfo fora and willingly lend their best advice and experience to the rest of us and the level of discourse, which is never allowed to be personally nasty. There are a couple of threads at camcorderinfo I've simply stopped reading because who needs to watch the self-satisfied flaunting expertise they may not really have and/or dishing out abuse and humiliation. Pathetic.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2003, 04:16 PM   #6
Outer Circle

I have to agree. These forums (dvinfo) discourage "self-satisfied flaunting expertise they may not really have and/or dishing out abuse and humiliation." And at dv.com, many members are just looking for a fight. I think the reason for this is because that board is full of company reps and sales people, who want to stir interest in what they are selling; and then you have those who want a pat on the back for their poor cam choice, no matter what. I've always said that all cams have their pro's and con's. You just have to pick one that will suit your needs best. However, there are always a few cams that fall short.
Old August 15th, 2003, 05:36 PM   #7
Major Player

In my point of view, here in dvinfo, they insist strongly to enter REAL NAMES, where as other forums u can go as anonymous names, or handles, that makes people to say what ever they want.

People here in this forum has dignity and professional demeanor
and moral ethics to truly explain or share their views, THAT MAKES DIFFERENCE!

thumbs up to the moderator!!
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant