Replacement for the MX500 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 17th, 2003, 03:43 PM   #1
New Boot

Replacement for the MX500

Hi,

Looks like there is a replacement for the MX5000 but is there one for the MX500 (PAL Version)?

If so, how does it compare with the MX500 (especially with low light)?

Regards

Savvas
Savvas Xexenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2003, 05:55 PM   #2
Outer Circle

The NV-GS100 seems to be the replacent of the NV-MX5000. So far, there is no positive information about a PAL version of that Japanese Domestic. Pana AU says that there will not be a PAL GS100, at least during this period ending December 31, 2003. After that, well, let's see. Personally, if I had a MX5/953, I wouldn't worry about replacing it. I don't think there's a major difference like there was between the MX3/MX350 to the MX5.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2003, 06:11 PM   #3
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Frank Granovski : Personally, if I had a MX5/953, I wouldn't worry about replacing it. I don't think there's a major difference like there was between the MX3/MX350 to the MX5. -->>>

OK. Thanks.
Savvas Xexenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2003, 09:43 PM   #4
Major Player

Don't forget the BLACK mamba Frank. It's really gorgeous.
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2003, 09:53 PM   #5
Major Player

Does anyone know how to paint the MX5000 black? :)
Young Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2003, 11:35 PM   #6
Outer Circle

Allan. I believe the black mamba would look good on my black tripod. Then all I'll have to do is dye my white hair black, shave and put on my black funeral suit (Hardy Amies, London). Imagine all the black humour you guys/gals will get then: hey looky looky at my black mamba stitting pretty on my black Bogan sticks---no reflection, not even from my hair and my teeth---oops. :)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant