Shutter speed? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 20th, 2003, 07:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Shutter speed?

Hi all,

I posted some pics of NYC night skyline (taken from NJ) to the yahoo group and someone suggested I try setting the shutter speed to 1/2 second to get a better result.

The only problem is I can't figure out how to do that on the gs100.

I've got the menu cheat-sheets but don't see anything on them that looks helpfull.

Any help on this is appreciated.
Old August 20th, 2003, 07:54 PM   #2
Major Player

Donald,

while on camer mode, move the tape/disk selector to get the Picture mode, Now you have to press the jog wheel to get the shutter speed, default starts at 1/60, rotate the jog wheel to get 1/2. thats it. if you want to adjust the gain press again, when you get the shutter speed, two more menus will come, OPEN and gain like 0 db etc. again rotate to get upto 6 db.

now you r all set. Use a tripod..

Set the timer to get automatically. for shake free stills on that mode. or use the attached remote mic to take the picture with out touching the camera.

Hope that helps
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2003, 08:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Ah ha!

It took a bit of fiddling to figure out I needed to switch to manual mode first (duh!) ;-)
Got it now!

I'll go play and take more NYC pics when I leave work. I'm on from 3-11 PM...

Thanks.
Old August 20th, 2003, 10:27 PM   #4
Major Player

Nice work, keep it up
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2003, 11:13 PM   #5
Regular Crew

The mother of invention...

Hehe.

I used a paperback book with a pen to prop it up a bit to make a temprary tripod to get the shot... I didn't feel like walking home to get the tripod and bring it back.

Might have got a better shot but was also under a time limit. The Empire State building lights go off at midnight.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant