How many DVC200 cameramen are in the forum?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old October 20th, 2003, 11:11 PM   #1

How many DVC200 cameramen are in the forum??

How many DVC200 cameramen are in the forum??

Wanted to get to know what you've learned about the camera and what tricks you've come up with.
Old October 21st, 2003, 02:16 PM   #2
RED Code Chef

Perhaps this thread will get you started.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2003, 12:09 AM   #3

Thank you as it is interesting yet; I do know more than what is mentioned there...

I just wanted see if any others out there have worked with the meat of the camera.

As in the menu and what you can and cannot do....

Manual was short on this and long on nothing.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 05:22 PM   #4
Outer Circle

Tom, there's a few DVC200 owners over on the camera forum found on this site, http://www.dv.com

Also, the moderator of the forum wrote a DVC200 review a while back. You can probably find this review at dv.com.

There might be some DVC200 info here: http://www.adamwilt.com

One fellow here owns one but hasn't been around for a bit because he's busy shooting up in Alaska.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2003, 05:29 PM   #5

By the way Frank this is me DayDream from dv.com

I see you are holding down the fort over here as well as posting good one liners over there....
Old October 23rd, 2003, 06:02 PM   #6
Outer Circle

Oh.... That's who you are. (Actually, I'm trying to get Kim Hill to respond. He just hates those kinds of posts from me. You know, about Mush, Blah etc.)

This cam is very expensive (and good). At one time I was strongly considering buying one over the DV500. But in the end I realized that they were both just too costly for me. So I'm still using my old DVL9500 cams for most of my stuff. Yesterday I used one as a deck to playback 2 hours of XL1 footage into my my AIWA, converting it to PAL VHS. (For overseas.)

PS: you have to admit that the camera forum at dv is very entertaining. And you get to post pics there as well. :D
Old October 23rd, 2003, 06:52 PM   #7

I love to hear from Kim as she has a cool slant of things; as for the other sites I have looked around I just thought I could pick up some more goodies here.

As for the DV500 I almost bought it yet the 200 won out mainly as it is a full size tape and the menu controls where far better.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 07:31 PM   #8
Outer Circle

Kim is an older fellow from NYC, not a she. He had shot some good 911 footage which Rex (David) wanted to buy (Rex also lives in NYC). To make a long story short, Kim didn't want to sell it to Rex, and it ballooned into a major battle. That's one of the stories from dv.com. Rex is also an active member here.

Regarding the DVC200, yes, it's a neat cam. I've never used one, I just looked one over once, and read some reviews. I have used the DV500, though, and I thought it was also a great cam as well as more bang for the buck. On the down side, both these cams feel puffed. :)
Old October 24th, 2003, 04:17 AM   #9
Outer Circle

Tom, I searched high and low for a dedicated DVC200 forum, with no luck. Perhaps Chris will add a Pana Pro forum in the future. Now there's an idea. ;)

PS: I finally got a stir from Kim.
Old October 26th, 2003, 06:17 PM   #10
Obstreperous Rex

Here's the deal with a dedicated DVC200 forum. I would love to do it. That's an awesome camera, my favorite of all the standard-def DV shoulder mounts.

I don't like empty forums and generally we'll start a new forum here at DV Info only when there's at least ten or twelve existing threads (preferably many more) to move into it. So I would need to attract a nrmber of DVC200 shooters and get some discussions going, and then we'll have a body of content which can start off a new, dedicated forum.

So I'm all for it, the question is, are DVC200 owners too busy shooting (I would be if I had one). What's funny about camcorder message boards is that the prosumer-level stuff (XL1S, DVX100, etc.) always draws much more interest than the higher-end gear such as the DVC200. I've always thought it was because those guys are too busy working and didn't need to discuss anything, but the answer is I would love to do such a forum, but we need the content first. I don't like putting up empty holes. A forum with no threads in it doesn't draw any traffic. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2003, 01:56 PM   #11
Machinist Mate

We have a couple of guys named Kim working in this co. (they're Brits) Actually, the name Chris could... well, y'know. And I have a grandson named Riley while a friend at work has a daughter named Riley. And my brother-in-law Tracy always has strangers assuming he's a she until they find out he's a he. Hee hee. (all these are true, btw)
Old October 31st, 2003, 02:56 PM   #12
Outer Circle

Good man! And this thread by far is most enlightening. Who would have ever thought that there's no DVC200 forum anywhere on the www and that some "boy" names can be girl names to. Now for the big secret: whenever my first name is used among my wife's family, they keep asking how Franak is doing then cracking up. Why? Thet're speak Farsi and in that language my name is a girl's name. Shhh. Don't tell. :)
Old October 31st, 2003, 03:09 PM   #13
Regular Crew

I'm a faithful DVC200 user. There is only one exclusive forum I've found for the 200 over at Fast Forward Club. It's not very active, and there haven't been any posts in almost a month.

I'd love to get a thread going with tips and tricks for the 200. The Panasonic manual is a joke, and most of what I've learned about my camera has been through experimentation.

Rick
Old October 31st, 2003, 04:55 PM   #14

Have you tried the scene setting and then using the filters such as 1, 2, 3, & 4
if so I won't go over those??
Old November 3rd, 2003, 08:56 AM   #15
Regular Crew

I've set up a couple of scene files, but for the most part, I just run in full manual with the S1 setting. Honestly, I haven't spent a whole lot of time learning the inner workings of my 200. I know a lot of adjustments are possible through the menus, but I haven't done a lot with it.

Rick

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant