panasonic mx500 or gs100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old October 27th, 2003, 03:48 AM   #1
New Boot

panasonic mx500 or gs100

i live in the UK and im going to Hong Kong for a 3 week holiday in November, and plan to buy my camcorder there. does anyone know if the gs100 in pal format will be available by then? also is it the replacement for the mx500?
Adam Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2003, 04:00 AM   #2
Outer Circle

Pana hasn't released the GS100 outside of Japan. So there's no PAL version yet. Perhaps after the New Year there'll be some news. Look at the MX500 and Optura Xi. Both are good cams and available.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2003, 03:23 PM   #3
New Boot

Hi Frank,
Are you suggesting that Panasonic are going to miss the good pre-Xmas demand season in Europe and come in on the after Xmas and the January "bargain sales". I desperately need to buy one before my mid-January trip to Ecuador.
Can you suggest a way of getting an authoritative statement on this issue? How much in advance Panasonics publish the dates?
Old October 27th, 2003, 04:44 PM   #4
Outer Circle

I got that information from Pana tech. If this cam will be released in a PAL version, it won't happan until after Dec 31, 2003.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2003, 05:17 PM   #5
New Boot

Hi Frank,
Thanks for the info. I will have a miserable Xmas

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant