display devices - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old November 19th, 2003, 04:35 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Sorry if I didnt make myself clear.
I connect the cam up to my wega sony tv via S video. When I compare the image on the tv to that on the lcd screen ON the camera itself the lcd looks better.
I was just wondering if I would get a better image if I hook up my camera to the computer and download the video into the computer, burn it onto a dvd and then play back the dvd to the tv( via a dvd player using component output) would I get a better image. This way I would be using transfering the video to the tv via component video instead of S video.
I guess what I am asking is this- does the connection that transfers the data to the tv cause degradation of the image? or is it just the tv itself? It is rather disappointing that the lcd on the camcorder is showing more detail than the tv itself. I bought the tv especially to view the footage!
Tung Bui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2003, 06:33 AM   #17
Wrangler

Try it and see. Impossible for us to say since we can't look at your TV! ;-)

Seriously, that's what I tried to address in my last post. Yes, component video is significantly better quality, especially when viewing deinterlaced progressive footage, but it depends on how good your TV is. Like I said, on my WEGA I see no difference at all when sending it component or s-video from a DVD player. However on a Sony widescreen LCD panel I see a big difference.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant