echo-y audio of gs100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old November 14th, 2003, 10:42 PM   #1
Tourist

echo-y audio of gs100

I recently began downloading my video from my gs-100 into my new i-mac's i-movie, and the audio is very echo-y. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm wondering if this is the gs-100's mic? My camcorder? Or is it something to do with i-movie/my i-mac? It happens with wind noise on and off; audio record is set at 16 bit.

Lisa

PS Allan--I love the camera! Thanks again!
Lisa Shiroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2003, 11:37 PM   #2
Major Player

Have you tried playing the footage through your tv first to check the sound issue? I use iMovie and it does have audio bugs, but I've not noticed this effect with 100k footage. If the sound problem exists when you play your footage on tv also, you may need to change the sound settings on the camcorder.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2003, 09:45 PM   #3
Tourist

Thanks, Patricia. Trying it through the tv was an excellent thought.

The audio is fine through the tv, which is good that it's not my gs100. Now I just have to figure out what iMovie or my mac is doing to the audio.

Are you using 3.0.3 iMovie? I also have the new OS 10.3 on my iMac. Any ideas/suggestions? I'm a new Mac user, by the way.

Lisa
Lisa Shiroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2003, 09:54 PM   #4
Tourist

Hi Patricia,

never mind. I just fixed the audio problem on my iMac, and it sounds good now. thanks for your help!

Lisa
Lisa Shiroma is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant