shooting a short w/953 and editing on premiere 6.5, newbie needs some good advice at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old November 30th, 2003, 03:05 PM   #1
New Boot

shooting a short w/953 and editing on premiere 6.5, newbie needs some good advice

Hi everybody this is my first post . I just bought a panasonic pv-dv953 and i'm looking forward to shooting my first short next month ! I have a script,story boards,wide angle lens, 2x lens,actors,props and premiere 6.5 for windows, but the most important things to me is getting the best sound and lighting quality I can get !! Thats why I would appreciate any advice you members of this fine board can give me. I have a total budget of around a thousand dollars for sound and lighting equipment. Also I have a question about sound effects. I've seen sellers on ebay offering 6000 effects on CD's for about $25 (They're 44KHz, 16 bit Windows). Is 44khz, 16 bit what I would be looking for when dubbing sound on Premiere 6.5 ?

Thank You
Michael

P.S. hopefully I will be able to share what I learned with posters down the road !
Michael Redding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2003, 01:01 AM   #2
Outer Circle

Welcome Michael!

For audio questions, post in our NLE for PC forum; for lighting questions, post in our lighting forum. Regarding sound effects CD, perhaps post that on the audio forum as well. Also, go through the older threads to see if you can find some of this information, especially about lighting.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant