Help needed on choosing acc. for my new GS100K K at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old December 2nd, 2003, 02:13 AM   #1
New Boot

Help needed on choosing acc. for my new GS100K K

First, I'd just like to say that you're all very fabulous. Without any of your insight I would have ended up paying far too much for a camera when apparently the GS100K is the king of kings. Thank you for that. Now, I'm left with wondering what accessories I should get. Keep in mind I have about $150 I'd like to spend right now. A camera case will probably be covered by a family member, so I'm just wondering what else I should get. I was thinking a wide angle lens, tri-pod, and/or a filter. Thanks for any help I receive!
Craig Hudak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2003, 02:49 AM   #2
Outer Circle

$150 US Dollars? Get an extra battery, a UV filter and a cam case. Those are the most useful. Even if the case is covered, you won't have enough to get a wide angle and a tripod (after you but the UV and extra battery).
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2003, 02:52 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Help needed on choosing acc. for my new GS100K K

If you live in a cramped apartment, much like in Singapore, wide angle convertor lens will be extremely helpful. My MX350 is about 40mm at the widest angle, and using a 0.79x convertor, I get a more usable 32mm wide angle. Unfortunately, my Fuji 0.79x convertor is not zoom through, only up to about 4x before the edges softens.

A tripod (cheap) will certainly help in any long shooting, preventing shakes and tireness, great for panning and interviews.

Minimally, buy a UV(0) filter as a protection to your lens. Scratching the UV filter is $10, scratching the camera lens is $1000 (not covered by warranty, and you'll buy a new cam!).

But with $150, you may want to prioritise as what Frank has suggested.
SW: iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Ulead Video Studio, various little utilities
Yow Cheong Hoe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant