DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/)
-   -   It's that time again! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/17824-its-time-again.html)

Frank Granovski December 2nd, 2003 04:22 AM

It's that time again!

The pre-Christmas rush is on! Everyone's scrambling for a cam. The cams look good, the prices seem fair, and the itch has become so unbearable that you can't wait to leap. It's the time to be stupid---I mean, bold. What better way to capture those precious Christmas moments than with a Panasonic cam? Huh? (Just remember to get the black one.) But then again, says the grinch, if your feet are cold and your stomach weak, or your pockets empty, wait for Boxing Day and all those other days well into the New Year! That's when all the deals happen! And when you finally slap down that hard-earned cash and get your cam (the black one), Pana will announce a brand new toy, and boy are you gonna be p_ssed! :-)

Patricia Kim December 2nd, 2003 04:35 AM

Well, Frank, those of us who slapped our $ down in June and July for silver shadows and black mambas are still pretty happy, right, guys? And if the predictions are right, I suspect we'll still be happier than a lot of people until at least spring.

Douglas Habib December 2nd, 2003 04:36 AM

Well, it seems someone else has reason to be up at this hour.....
Anyway, I understand your sarcasm; appropriately. But many in the US are unfamiliar with the term "Boxing Day", and I myself am only vaguely remembering it.....something about returning Christmas gifts, IIRC. Believe it's a common term in the UK. (?)

Frank Granovski December 2nd, 2003 04:46 AM

Well, there was a time when all the colonies celebrated Boxing Day. At least we still do up here in British North America (and the other colonies). :-)

Boxing Day is the day after X-mas, when people return their gifts while others take advantage of the sales. :-)

Dave Largent December 2nd, 2003 08:29 PM

The black one, huh, Frank. I wonder how church went. ; - )
Guess we'll never know?

Frank Granovski December 2nd, 2003 08:42 PM

I only go to church if someone pays me to go. :-)

Dave Largent December 2nd, 2003 08:49 PM

Your "black" references made me think of member Fred. He went to church.

Frank Granovski December 2nd, 2003 09:39 PM

I guess I should get over it. Ever since I read the black mamba bit at supervideo.com, and read people making reference with it, and reading those black is pro posts (yes, there have been these kinds of posts elsewhere, and not just here), it gives me a little chuckle and a warm fuzzy feeling (thanks to chucky). :-)

Guest December 3rd, 2003 12:36 AM

Problem I have Frank we came to the realization that we need a second camera for upcoming shoots. Here is the catch we want to take the scene in one take and not go for a double setup and 180 filming so the second one is in order. So here I sit wondering do I buy another DVC200? Would it be worth it or get DVX100?

Frank Granovski December 3rd, 2003 01:28 AM

Lots of pro's and con's. I'd consider going cheaper and looking at the DVC80.

Guest December 3rd, 2003 01:31 AM

Question is would the frame rate be the same, as the well as the color and the overall match to the 200. As this will be the opposing camera to the 200.

Frank Granovski December 3rd, 2003 01:46 AM

The match, most likely, will be closer than the DVC200 with a Sony 1/2" or 1/3" chip'd cam. Just a guess, though. Why not shoot 1 minute of DVC80 footage and compare it with 1 minute of DVC200 footage? (before you empty your pockets.)