I have some pro-'sumer PV-DV953 questions - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old December 9th, 2003, 08:59 PM   #16
Outer Circle

Yup. He's that good fella. :-)

So, when you're ready to move up to the pro-looking Pana black mamba model, he's the one to not p_ss off. :-)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 09:54 AM   #17
Major Player

No I'm in Mexico selling my skills but I'd be back to Tokyo before the end of next week. Too bad I can't be of no assistance to those who want their Black Mambas before Xmas. But there seems to be a slight upward trend on GS100K prices even on discount shops, probably bec of the holiday season, and the Jap Yen has been a real pain lately. It's amazing that those who bought 2-3 months back seem to have gotten a better deal on the black mamba because of the strong Yen. It might be a good idea to wait a little bit.

Any news when the English versions are finally coming out?
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 10:20 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Alan,

For good Mexican food in Mexico City, check out Andersons on Paseo de la Reforma.
Adam Folickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 11:14 AM   #19
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Allan Rejoso : the 953 and GS100K have different batteries..and you can't interchange them unless you find a way to route the battery to the cam terminals (and probably attach the batt to the cam using duct tape or something.

Jamie, you'd better check the link given by Bogdan on batteries for the GS100K...those are equivalent batteries (allegedly using Pany cells) and can be bought in Japan at less than half the price of genuine Pany batts. don't worry you're still under warranty...just don't tell Pany you tried equivalent batts.

Hi from Mexico City. -->>>

Thanks for the info. I've been looking at lots of different Pani batteries in stores but had no idea if they worked with my cam.. looks like they probably don't, so its a good thing I didn't buy one. What link by Bogdan are you referring to? I would love to find out more about these cheap batteries.
Jamie Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 07:38 PM   #20
Major Player

Excerpt from Bogdan's post.

Check out the big GS100/70 battery offered in silver (or black):
http://www.rowa.co.jp/cabinet/form.cgi?key=72

And the index page:
http://www.rowa.co.jp
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 09:34 PM   #21
Major Player

Just saw this thread.

To everybody wondering I also haven't translated the page for my self - yes it's all in Japanese.

I don't know if they deliver abroad and so on. I thought that Allan can use them in future orders for the GS100.

On first sight they seem to make batteries for any brand DV or still digital cameras. They use different cells though written promptly in the specs. Waranty seems short - 90 days or 6 months.

Yeah, I was also dissapointed at first to learn that the price of the new smaller original batteries is so high.

So I searched hard and have got my extra (2x) 2040mAh batteries at half price long time ago from eBay (seller easy-something - I don't remember the number, you have to SEARCH old posts). He would ship worldwide if still selling.
Bogdan Vaglarov is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant