Refurb PV-DV952 for $800 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old December 18th, 2003, 05:18 PM   #1
Space Hipster

Refurb PV-DV952 for $800

I realize not from a sponsor and don't know much about this reseller, but interesting price nonetheless:

Refurb Depot
Old December 18th, 2003, 09:19 PM   #2
Outer Circle

Thanks, but the newer AG-DV50U was selling for just under $900 US not too long ago.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 09:28 PM   #3
Space Hipster

What's the DV-50U?
Old December 18th, 2003, 09:37 PM   #4
Outer Circle

Maybe I have the model wrong. Let's see..., AG-something 50U. Oh, I think it's the AG-EZ50U (sorry). It's the pro version of the PV-DV951/MX2000 or MX2500. I seem to recall the chips are 1/6" with 410K video effective pixels---something like that. It's a bit better with lower light, though I don't think it's as good a cam as the $1100 US PV-DV953. One member uses this AG-EZ50U for interviews for broadcast---somewhere in the US. Seems like a good cam, but it ain't no DVX100! :-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 10:22 PM   #5
Major Player

The 952 is the NTSC of the MX350 that I am using. Unfortunately the comparison is not apple to apple because the MX350 has 1/4" chips and the 952 has 1/6" chips. My onw experience with 1/6" chips is less sensitivity in low light (high gain needed, hance noisy video) and also smaller angle of view (I believe that the lens for both are the same).

Ergonomics is pretty good for 2 handed shooting, but the tape release is at teh bottom, VERY inconvenient for tripod or steadycam mount.

Other topic: I was shooting a wedding 3 weeks ago, and I needed to change tape. At a convenient point, I stopped the camera, quick-released the tripod, unscrewed the quick-release plate, opened the tape door and waited for the tape eject, changed the tape, closed the door, rescrew the quick-release plate while recording again (the first few seconds can go to waste, for all I care) and mounted back onto the tripod. All that in less than 20 seconds, and fast beating heart! If I am using a top loader, it'll be that 12 seconds for the tape change alone.
SW: iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Ulead Video Studio, various little utilities
Yow Cheong Hoe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant