DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/)
-   -   How to make my Pana DV852 Sexier?:) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/18756-how-make-my-pana-dv852-sexier.html)

Aykut Ozen December 23rd, 2003 06:59 PM

How to make my Pana DV852 Sexier?:)

Anyone know if i can get a Rectangular lens hood (43mm)? and a top handle like the one on the AG dvx100 or vx2000 to make my dv852 look unique and more usefull?Any third party companies make those accesiories....top handle that might attach to the cold shoe on the cam?...Please let me know...Thanks

Frank Granovski December 23rd, 2003 07:38 PM

You don't need a handle. Just get a mic and a hood.

Yow Cheong Hoe December 23rd, 2003 08:53 PM

Mount a wide angle adaptor with a 77mm diameter front and screw in a home made battery pack of 10 hours at the bottom. Following up from Frank, you can pack a mic and a video light on to of the cam and mount the whole setup on a fluid head tripod. You'll get beef!

But if you are minimalist, the cam itself is pretty sexy, ain't it?

Yow Cheong Hoe December 23rd, 2003 08:55 PM

Re: How to make my Pana DV852 Sexier?:)

<<<-- Originally posted by Aykut Ozen : ... attach to the cold shoe on the cam... -->>>

Cold shoe? My ex-MX8 has connectors on the shoe. You mean that the DV852 has a mount but without any connectors?

Aykut Ozen December 23rd, 2003 11:13 PM

I think i need a top handle...because i'm thinking to record some skateboard stuff and it's usefull to hold the cam from the top handle while i'm riding the board...

i'm actually pretty minimalistic and yeah dv852 looks sexy alone too but with rectangular lens hood it would be perfect,longer:)

i found this link...

http://www.camerastore.com/dl_cat_A/-A08_lenshood.html

(at the botttom of the page)

they sell those HAMA Rectangular Snap-On Lens Hoods...and they are like $17 but they are 49,52,55MM NO 43 MM:(...so is there way that i can get one of those and use step up ring?

Yow Cheong,

i was searching the forum about wide angle adapters and i saw your post you explain your set up...

Camera -- step-up 43 to 52 -- step-up 52 to 55 -- 55 ring* -- Fujifilm 0.79x for the S602 still camera.

would you recommend that because if i do the same thing maybe i can attach that 55mm HAMA rect snap on lens on top...I don't want to buy something that might not fit my cam...sorry for my ignorence:)...thanks to everyone

Yow Cheong Hoe December 24th, 2003 12:15 AM

Thanks to Chris' rules of full name, I am called all sorts now. Please call me YowCH or Yow or Cheong Hoe. Yow's the family name, Cheong Hoe is me, YowCH is my nick.

The Fuji S602 Wide angle is only good for 1x to 5x zoom. Bluring of the edges after that. But you'll want to use it only in wide angle.

There are adaptor rings from 43mm to 49mm and 52mm. I needed the 52 to 55 to make use of my Fuji WA and TC, which I share with my still camera, the S602. Also note that you'll have to remove the original lens hood for this to happen.

Please check out Hoya and other photography suppliers for the stepping rings.

Can you please confirm that the shoe attachment of the DV852 is hot (with connectors) or cold (blank plate)? I suspect that it should be hot.

R. Scott Hanson December 24th, 2003 09:52 AM

<<<--But if you are minimalist, the cam itself is pretty sexy, ain't it? -->>>

Yes, just got mine from B & H! Got the extra 4 year warranty to be safe and a 43mm Tiffen UV filter too. Forgot to order tapes and a bigger SD card, though. What are the preferred tapes these days?

Thanks again to Cheong Hoe and others for all the advice that led up to the decision to buy this impressive and economical cam.

Aykut: please post what you end up doing in terms of enhancements. Dan Brown has been posting about audio solutions too.

I'll be using mine for some documentary work--the film company I'm working with has all kinds of pro equipment, but I want the footage I take on the side to be acceptable for inclusion as well.

Kevin Lill December 25th, 2003 10:53 AM

Looks like a cold shoe, Yow. Here's a link to a shot I just took of it.

http://hometown.aol.com/kevrlill/myhomepage/photo.html

-Kevin

Frank Granovski December 25th, 2003 04:00 PM

How would you connect a handle to this "cold show?" Super glue? Screws?

I wouldn't bother with a handle. This cam is plenty easy to hold easily with one hand.

Aykut Ozen December 25th, 2003 05:01 PM

i thought maybe there could be a top handle that slides on that cold shoe part..like the small lights...of course i'm not glueing anything on my baby:)...i'll probably make something home made...but if anyone know any company who makes that accesiorry please let us know...thanks

Frank Granovski December 25th, 2003 11:08 PM

You could try seeing if B&H has anything and do a google search, perhaps. You could probably even make one. (Don't use coat-hanger wire, though.)

Yow Cheong Hoe December 25th, 2003 11:51 PM

Yup, from your picture, it sure looks steel cold. The MX8 I used to own has plastic 'leaves' covering electronic contacts, which 'talks' to Panasonic mics, video light and flash.

Looks like the NTSC model is lower in resolution, has smaller LCD and has a cold shoe.

Sorry that NTSC-land is Faromir instead of Boromir.

Aykut Ozen December 26th, 2003 04:54 AM

That sucks...i don't know why they do that...i mean, same camera but without the hot shoe,3" lcd...it's not fair!

anyways...so would this Hama work with my dv852 without any step ring or anything?i should be looking for a 43mm lens hood right?but i can't find any rectangular ones with this size.....

Hama 55mm Screw-In Plastic Wide Angle Lens Hood with Cap

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...u=90029&is=REG

are any other alternatives to this brand...any other companies that make cheap rectangular lens hoods?

Also i found a old used 80's solid state VHS camcorder at value village yesterday for $5!:)...and it has a nice top handle which you can seperate from the cam...i'll try to attach that to my dv852 and let you guys know if it works...

Thanks

Frank Granovski December 26th, 2003 05:15 AM

Quote:

i found a old used 80's solid state VHS camcorder at value village yesterday for $5!
Now there's music to my ears. Do let us know if you can make it fit.