DV852 on the way, and a tape question - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old March 28th, 2004, 12:34 AM   #31
Major Player

Just a follow-up on the story of child-birth, my son, David, was born at 00:20 Singapore time on 24 March 2004. I had the overall room shot in video (MX350 on tripod) and had my Fuji S602 shooting stills.

Mother and son are fine, natural birth, and without anaesthesia. We are home now.

But sure enough, the low light performance of my MX350 is not as good as my ex-MX8, but the colour saturation is certainly much better.
SW: iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Ulead Video Studio, various little utilities
Yow Cheong Hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2004, 12:39 AM   #32
Outer Circle

Papa! Congrats! Your 1st?

I told you not to sell your MX8, and so did, "BB," as I recall.

Just to say on topic, which one's better: the MX350 or the MX8? And what miniDV tape did you use?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2004, 02:47 AM   #33
Major Player

Nope, my second, the MX8 was used to shoot my daughter's birth 2 years ago.

As for tape, I have been using Sony 60 minutes basic tapes for very long.

No regrets of on the sale of my MX8, I was selling low light performance for vibrant colours and "professional" settings like dedicated WB button, audio input levels, zebra andimage sharpness levels.
SW: iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Ulead Video Studio, various little utilities
Yow Cheong Hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2004, 03:07 AM   #34
Outer Circle

Good luck with your growing family. You probably told me about your 1st, but I couldn't remember. Sorry. Tommy should have a new-born coming any day now. I'm just stuck with a cat (and a wife).

If I had to decide between a 1-chip and a 3-chip, I'd probably go with the 3-chip also. The improved colors really make a big difference, even though I'm a bit color blind. :))

About the Sony tape, it seems it works just fine in my friend's older 3-chip Pana, pre-MX3. He did have problems at one point, but after I explained to him that "mixing" was a nono, his broken-up video problems went away.

I almost bought a PB-DV852, by the way, when B&H had that deal. Then 1 day away from putting in the order, I found out that they were all sold out. The early worm gets the worm, or so the saying goes. I should have scrapped up the scratch a bit sooner.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2004, 05:55 AM   #35
Major Player

Congratulations YOWCH, to you and your wife on the birth of your son! Glad to hear everyone is doing well.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2004, 08:37 AM   #36
New Boot

Hi all,

I'd forgotten about this thread until I got a notification that someone had posted to it again. :)

Congratulations Yow - my son was born 3/23, 4:01pm EST. I only taped some "after birth" stuff with my DV852, mom wasn't too enthused about recording anything before that. :) Stills were taken with a Panasonic FZ10 (maybe I should buy stock in Matsushita!).

Well, he's crying now and mom's in teh shower, so off I go.
Rich Perna is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant