MX 500 mic shoe too tight - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old March 11th, 2004, 05:15 AM   #16
Major Player

Guess what. The viewfinder slides back on my TRV 950 too! Whatever for? I've had it for 16 months and never noticed it before. But then I don't have to slide it to make something else work.
Tor Salomonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2004, 05:52 AM   #17
Outer Circle

My DVL9500 and MX300 viewfinders do that too. Go figure. :-))

Pinocchios? They say that the nose never stops growing. A large nose is actually a blessing in Spring time. When you stop and smell the flowers, you get a double dose. :-))

------------------------------
Life is good.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2004, 05:56 AM   #18
Regular Crew

A large nose in spring time is a blessing unless you suffer from hay fever (as I do) ;-D
Adam Folickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2004, 06:33 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
When you stop and smell the flowers, you get a double dose.
Is this from personal experience, Frank?
Old March 11th, 2004, 02:04 PM   #20
New Boot

Some people feel a bit uncomfortable that, when they have a six hour accumulator attached to their dv cam, they will have the accumulator in their left (or in my case right) nostril when they use the viewfinder. It's because of them - it ain't me, it ain't me- complaining that Panasonic (and Sony) have changed the design for, I believe, both the accumulator and the viewfinder. Looked real pro on a wedding, a accumulator in your nostril, but okay.

MX500EG, abit IT7 pentium 2,4, 1024MB, 2x80Gb, fx5600, LE 5.5 2x 19"crt.
Richard Troost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2004, 06:06 PM   #21
Outer Circle

Tor, I merely suggested to stop and smell the flowers---a universal theme in literature (and life). Too often we don't, and life passes us by too quickly, with missed opportunities of enjoyment in the little things all around. Too many times I have seen people caught-up or side-tracked with complicated things when all they had to do was point and press. Cam manufacturers have made it easy for us. Long live auto! :-))

Regarding the nose, a large nose just gives you double the dose of the sweetness flowers have to offer. Yes, I say this from personal experience. :-))
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:09 AM   #22
Outer Circle

Have you guys and gals seen some of the new Sennheiser hot-shoe shock-mounts? They're perfect for small cams.
Old March 12th, 2004, 01:34 AM   #23
Major Player

Yes Frank, I thought you meant to say what you just said you meant. I just thought I'd get your nose out in the open.
Only snowdrops and crocus here yet, and they don't smell much. Beautiful, though. I get your point exactly.

I've not seen the Sennheiser shockmount. Does it lower the transfer of handling and motor noise? Those, I think, are more of a problem with camera mics than the occasional "shock" as such.
Old March 12th, 2004, 01:43 AM   #24
Outer Circle

Quote:
Does it lower the transfer of handling and motor noise?
I assume so, since it's a shock-mount---I haven't used it yet with my Apex 191 because I don't have a XLR-to-1/8" cable/adaptor yet. Bryan Beasleigh actually sent me one of his spares today, bless his kind soul, and I should have it sometime next week.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant