Panasonic Bad? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old March 12th, 2004, 02:28 PM   #1
Major Player

Panasonic Bad?

Well, some of you already know I use mainly two Sony's. However I also have a GSV70, which is less than 6 month old. I use it for playback and print to tape sometimes.

So far, I probably ran the tape mechanism maybe 20 or 30 hours, and guess what, it start skipping like there is a electrical spike every second, half second, maybe 3 seconds. Sometimes it will go for a minute or two w/o skipping. It does this both on AC direct and battery, and on record and playback. The end result on the computer look the same, skipping and spiking every so often.

So I called Panasonic, the young lady asked me to fax in the receipt, which she then called me back and said everything is fine and that she will send me a letter, to include in my RMA package back to them.

Well, it has been more than a week. No letter. I wonder if they are playing for time, waiting for my 6-month warranty to expire?

Any way, I find the product and service outragous. I have not even use the camera much, and it breaks down. I did my part in contacting Panasonic and waiting for a long time on the phone, etc, and they don't seem to be on the up and up. Now I know I will never look at their professional cameras, no matter how attractive the features and price points are.
Law Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2004, 03:04 PM   #2
Outer Circle

Contact Pana again.

(Sorry to hear that.)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant