usb 953 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old March 24th, 2004, 01:04 AM   #1
Major Player

usb 953

hi everyone. i guess that this topic has already been discussed but i own an mx-500 and am unable to download pics from the sd card through my usb cable. i'm also sure that most people will know the problems i am having so i wont waste time. does anyone no where to find software or drivers to correct this. thanks heaps.

Justin
Old March 24th, 2004, 01:25 AM   #2
Outer Circle

Don't know, but you could contact stuartc@panasonic.com.au about a solution and drivers.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 01:26 AM   #3
Major Player

thanks for that i might try that
is he who you get all ur info off.

Justin
Old March 24th, 2004, 01:29 AM   #4
Outer Circle

I can't tell. :-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 01:32 AM   #5
Major Player

good answer good answer
mostly that would be a yes heh
thanks again
Justin
Old March 24th, 2004, 05:07 AM   #6
Major Player

Justin,
The latest drivers are on the Panasonic support site. Unfortunately, if the drivers have gotten fouled up, reinstalling them won't help. You may need to edit the registry or reinstall Windows to get them to work. I tried the edit the registry trick and apparently couldn't find the magic one because I could never get USB to work after it puked out. I don't use webcam so I just bought a multi-format CF reader and download the photos that way. It is a lot less hassle.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2004, 06:43 AM   #7
Major Player

yeh i'm using a card reader too. the problem is it is my mum and dads and i would like it if i could access them off my camera because then i could look at them on anyones computer also. its a pity they didn't set it up like sony though because they just use windows drivers and it is a lot easier and better. oh well maybe oneday they will fix it up heh. thanks for your help guys. i'm am actually quite surprised because i thought that more people would have had answers. do other pana cams have the same problem. you would think that they would wouldn't you. i have a freind who knows computers and is a technician so i will ask him if he can show me how and if i have any luck i will be sure to tell all u guys. thanks for ur help
Justin

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant