HD panas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old March 31st, 2004, 12:32 AM   #1
Major Player

HD panas

as you all know JVC has brought a camera onto the consumer market that has hd capability. Its biggest problem is that it is not 3ccd so probably wont have as good color saturation. I have heard rumours that JVC will soon be bringing out a 3ccd model of this camera. I am just wondering what people think about pana and joining the game. I think they should be putting some effort into it. Pana has cameras such as the 953, gs-100 and now gs-400 to work from so why not. These cameras have ccd's with enough resolution so all they need to do is put the right hardware in the cam to record HD onto tape. you would think this wouldn't take too much and it would put pana in a league of its own. Just imagine the lead in the market pana would have if they brought out the first consumer 3ccd HD camera. wouldn't it be great. I wonder if people enough people talk to pana if they will put some more effort into this. who knows the gs-400 might have it yet. all i can tell you is that until the time a consumer 3ccd hd camera comes onto the market at an affordable price, i wont be upgrading my mx-500.

Justin
Old March 31st, 2004, 02:47 AM   #2
Outer Circle

What's the JVC model. Link? Is it the HD1? Most likely it's not DV but a MPEG2 cam.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2004, 06:37 AM   #3
Major Player

yep thats right. dont know the website but i've seen some video taken from it and some frame grabs compared to the xl1s and it definately lacked saturation but it wasn't too bad. we all now that the xl1s has very warm colors. I saw one video with a corvette in it and it was outstanding and very acceptable and another had an interview of a lady starting out with a pana dvx100 and then the last was done with the hd1. The difference is phenomenal. The skin on her face showed a smooth complexion with the pana but when it changed to the jvc it showed up a lot of freckles and you could see every single strand of hair. it is awesome. The camera has what they call RGB filtering which is supposed to be as good as 3ccd but i am yet to believe and would like to learn more. It is an mpeg camera that records to mini-dv. You probably know all this already but i have told you again.

Justin

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant