dvc 30 - do you know........... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old April 14th, 2004, 04:37 AM   #1
Major Player

dvc 30 - do you know...........

heh just trying to get ur attention.
i'm feeling a little lazy at the moment and cant be stuffed spending hours on a slow internet connection finding something when i can ask you guys. Does anyone know if and where i can find any frame grabs or shots from this cam???
I would like to think that it might be a good alternative from the xm2 or the vx-2100.

Thanks guys
Justin
Old April 14th, 2004, 04:58 AM   #2
Outer Circle

I haven't seen one yet. I don't even think they are available yet.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2004, 05:03 AM   #3
Major Player

yeh i saw that review but i was dissapointed as they only had grabs of color charts and really no one wants to see that. I really wish they had included real photos of things. but cant always get what you want heh. it is very hard to make a decision on that. anyways one day soon heh. hopefully someone bites the bullet and buys one and puts some photos up sometime
Justin
Old April 14th, 2004, 05:11 AM   #4
Outer Circle

Don't worry. Boyd will talk 'em out of it and get 'em to buy a PDX10 instead. Just watch. I still think the PDX's widescreen, DVCAM and built-in XLRs make it the better choice. Why would anyone want the DVC30 when the DVC80 will cost about the same---if that anyone also wants the DVC30's XLR adaptor? Bigger CCDs to boot. Granted, the DVC30's a bit smaller, but the DVC80 is well-balanced and easy to hold with 1 hand. Personally, I'm anxious for more GS400 info and info about what's going to replace the GS100 in Japan.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2004, 12:17 PM   #5
New Boot

Panasonic AG-DVC30 is for real, have seen here in Calgary a week ago (www.vistek.ca). The guy said that that particular camcorder had just come in that day or the previous so all dealers may not yet have stock.
Don Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2004, 01:30 AM   #6
Major Player

12-bit DSP--->DVC30 :)
Young Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #7
Outer Circle

Quote:
12-bit DSP--->DVC30
Not a 14 bit? :-(( Crystal Engine? Widescreen like the one on the GS100? Consumer priced?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant