DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/)
-   -   Too much cam (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/25183-too-much-cam.html)

Frank Granovski April 27th, 2004 12:56 AM

Too much cam

Don't be thinking about buying a new cam now. The GS400 isn't out yet, and it may be a way too much cam when it is. Think about it. Be careful. Then think again. A 1-chipper should be more than enough just like 640K on your PC.

Kamal Tailor April 27th, 2004 03:00 AM

You just want to be the first to get one, and make sure they have enough stock to get one b4 they sell out their first shipment ;) hehehe

Frank Granovski April 27th, 2004 03:02 AM

I'm working on it. :-))

George Beck April 27th, 2004 08:46 AM

actually there are some reports that the GS400 has a lot of bugs, and thats why they are holding off it's release.. but they will probably be unable to fix them all...
I heard while testing the cam did something and too bright light came trough the eye-piece.. and the tester lost his eye-sight...
and to have those reported cramps in your arm from holding UP something that small.. and heavy (looks like it will be about 5lb)
who whould buyt that?
not me...
;)

Kamal Tailor April 27th, 2004 09:09 AM

it's mine i tell you MINE!!!!

george, don't do that you scared me!
hehehe

*spanx for George*

no telling fibs about the GS400 so you can get one first hehehe ;)

Frank Granovski April 27th, 2004 02:23 PM

Quote:

actually there are some reports that the GS400 has a lot of bugs, and thats why they are holding off it's release.
That's exactly what I was told by Panasonic, something to do with the lens.

Guy Bruner April 27th, 2004 04:33 PM

Yeah, the lens...that's what I heard, too. Seems like everything they videoed came out as Japanese anime. Was a big hit in Japan but they aren't sure about the NA market.

Doesn't this thread belong in Area 51?

George Beck April 27th, 2004 04:39 PM

thats why the first 9 months the cams sold will be with NO lens at all!

we better wait...

Bryan Beasleigh April 27th, 2004 05:01 PM

What about the GS500

I was having a coffee in a shop by Kitts Beach in Vancouver and overheard a conversation about a GS500. One of the guys was older with grey gair and a ponytail. He mumbled a lot but i did hear GS500 clearly. Apparently he saw the info at a place called supervideo.

To his credit this man was an animal lover, he fed a stray cat using his MX500 lens cap as a cream saucer.

It's the truth

Frank Granovski April 27th, 2004 05:14 PM

I was merely suggesting that the GS400 might be too much cam. Area 51 material concerns topics not easily understood or believed by the masses. :-))

Pana had a similar problem with the MX300, and so improved the lens on the MX350. But the real trouble was that they overlooked the MX300's "firmware." That was the big issue and not the lens, and we all know about that story.

By the way, Bryan, that wasn't me, but I know who it was. It was one of our members who is also a fairly active Mamba participant now turning "turncoat" for the GS400. As you know, I'm still stuck with puffed-plasticTM; but at least it has DVC30-sized CCDs, a big lens and a big viewfinder. Plus it's a Pana.