DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/)
-   -   important MX realization (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/25372-important-mx-realization.html)

Frank Granovski April 30th, 2004 03:59 PM

important MX realization

I don't know why I didn't realize this before. Let me explain. I always was attracted to the size and shape of the MX300. It's sort of puffy or beefy. I was also attracted to the PV-DV601 (NV-DS25?); it's also sort of puffy or beefy. But just today after attempting to engage in conversation with my cat (she's 9), it all hit me! You know, the MX300 and PV-DV601 are sized and pretty much shaped the same! The biggest difference, of course, is that the MX300 is a 3-chip and the PV-SV601 is not. It's sometimes amazing how one can come up with an important realization during the craziest moments. Have any of you had any such realizations? Hint: the GS400 sure looks like a MX5000.

Tom E Young April 30th, 2004 07:42 PM

Which one is bes of these six? (MX300, PV-DV601, PV-SV601, NV-DS25, GS400, MX5000)

Frank Granovski April 30th, 2004 09:02 PM

They're all good, depending. They are all discontinued models, though, some PAL some NTSC, except for the GS400---the new cam to sing for and dream about. :-))

Tom E Young May 1st, 2004 01:03 AM

Oh they are not made any more. Expensive?

Frank Granovski May 2nd, 2004 04:56 AM

Quote:

Oh they are not made any more. Expensive?
Not now. You wanna know which one's best? Glad you asked. I think the MX5 is, though the GS100 is better, and the GS400 might be better than it. (We don't know about the GS4 yet.)

Tom E Young May 2nd, 2004 03:57 PM

This is confusing. I will wait if the gs400 is better then the mx5. I know the mx5 is a pal format version of the pv-dv953. I have family in England but they only take pictures because video costs to much. My friend told me I should think first if I want to spend all this money.

Frank Granovski May 2nd, 2004 05:02 PM

Tom, those are wise words. It's good to have helpful friends.

Yow Cheong Hoe May 2nd, 2004 09:03 PM

Ah! The MX-350 is missing from the list above!

Clearly superior to the MX300 in terms of shape and features. Built in flash, large monitor LCD, POKER shaped. (I am sure Frank has much to say about me saying this!)

Between the MX350 and MX500, pros and cons, the MX500 should stand out a little more, although I did choose the MX350 over the MX500 (low light sensitivity is a very important point for me).

I can only hope that the GS-400 is sensitive in low lights (MX8 quality will be great), and has Optical stbiliser. I am also hoping that Panasonic will stop using cheap 2 bladed square iris and actually do a good 4 or 5 blade circular iris.

Frank Granovski May 2nd, 2004 10:02 PM

Thanks, Yow! No, I didn't forget. Maybe you recall that I had the pleasure of seeing a MX350 once, but just for a couple of minutes.

Frank Granovski May 3rd, 2004 06:51 PM

Quote:

Clearly superior to the MX300 in terms of shape and features. Built in flash, large monitor LCD, POKER shaped.
Ahh, yes.... Poker verses Puffy. Don't forget that the MX300 has slightly better audio and a higher-pixel viewfinder, but the video quality should be slightly better with the poker because it has an improved lens, which protrudes well forward.Between the MX350 and MX500, pros and cons, the MX500 should stand out a little more, although I did choose the MX350 over the MX500 (low light sensitivity is a very important point for me).[/quote]I hear ya. Lower LUX verses higher resolution.
Quote:

I am...hoping that Panasonic will stop using cheap 2 bladed square iris and actually do a good 4 or 5 blade circular iris.
That's Tom's biggest beef, I think. I wonder if he put his MX300 back together again. I did offer him to try and get a technincal manual for him, but he never got back to me. (I hope he didn't void his Pana warranty.) :-))