Oh wow I saw a pv-dv953 today - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old May 3rd, 2004, 07:29 PM   #16
Regular Crew

For the big canon but not to big I saw it here. 10805-107 ave. Why do you want to buy a big canon from Edmonton? You live in the east. I know why because your taxes are to high hahahahaha. Edmonton is bigger then Calgary. Edmonton is the capital city. Always check the yellow pages Bryan when you are in Edmonton. It is easier this way.
Tom E Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:09 PM   #17
Trustee

Tom
I don't particularly want to buy anything in Edmonton but if there is a decent high end store it's a good place to waste time when I'm not working. I have a choice, sit at the Mayfield Inn bar, go over to the Crazy Horse or find some interesting place to waste time. The West Edmonchuk Mall doesn't float my boat.

Edmonton may be the capital but Calgary has more to offer camera wise. If you have a chance stop by Vistek in Calgary, it will impress you. I used to live in Edmonton and Namao and it's been a regular part of my territory for the past 30 years. I travel from Vancouver Island to Newfoundland

I did go through the Edmonton yellow pages and found nothing. That's why I asked you where you saw the Big Canons. usuallyonly serious video retailers stocik cameras like the XL1S or GL2.

The taxes may be higher here but i'll wager I pay less for my gear in Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver than you would in Edmonton.
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:11 AM   #18
Regular Crew

I am having my morning coffee because I start work at 15 minutes to eight. I am glad I took a look here before I left. I do not know why you are saying to me being a liar. I said this place has the big canon but not the biggest. If you do not believe me go to Mcbain for yourself and check it out. I all ready gave you the address and street. Edmonton is a better and bigger city over Calgary. Open your eyes.
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:14 PM   #19
Major Player

YowCH, do you have video-related jobs?
Young Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2004, 12:01 AM   #20
New Boot

Tom, no need to get defensive or attack people, both of which you have done. Many people have offered sound advice and you have either ignored them or basically said they are wrong. Maybe you need to mature a little more or think about what you are saying before posting any further.

The PD-DV 953 is a great camera. I got it for 869 US via a B&H special 2 months ago. It is small enough to manuever while still giving great picture.
Cory Bantilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2004, 05:09 PM   #21
Regular Crew

I did value all the advise including from my friend who told me to wait. I do not like being said I lie and make me feel stupid from one person and now two - and how come there is so much gs400 stupid information?. I am not stupid and I do not lie. I do not say bad thngs. I am a regular crew here and looking for information for help.
Old May 6th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #22
Outer Circle

No one should be demeaning anyone here, Tom. Just let it go and please feel free to post as a "Regular Crew". :-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2004, 11:17 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Thank you, except for Bryan because he has not told me good advise. Now I can keep posting knowing I am doing the correct way for asking questions and not let anyone thinking I lie and I am not seriuos. I just want to know if I should wait or buy the dv953 now because it is a good deal now at B&h. It is hard for me to know. I hope I am getting my point across.
Old May 7th, 2004, 12:03 AM   #24
Outer Circle

I'm sure most of us are wondering the same thing, but we don't lose any sleep over it. Personally, I only care about whether the GS400 will be better than a 953 or black mamba, but I bet it will be better by just a bit, and probably on par with the 1-year-old mamba. My cams are working, and any new cam I may fancy will not effect me in the least. Sure, I wouldn't mind "this and that," but I now most of the this and that will only end up collecting dust. If this GS400 will really be "better" than the 2 last Pana's I mentioned, and the low light thing gets licked---Houston, we have lift-off. But will Pana come through? I doubt it. At best it will have PDX-like LUX requirement. So these days I don't lose any sleep.
Old May 7th, 2004, 05:09 PM   #25
Regular Crew

I can not wait any longer. If no gs400 information is out next week I am going to buy the dv953 and right a review to let everyone know what I think. Thank you for every one helping me with good advise.
Old May 7th, 2004, 05:33 PM   #26
Outer Circle

I think the PV-DV953 is a very good cam, just keep in mind its LUX requirements.
Old May 7th, 2004, 07:11 PM   #27
Major Player

Tom i notice you have only been on here for a month and i think as a new user you really aren't trying to make new freinds. You must respect bryan because he is only giving you his opinion and that is what these forums are all about. surely you can come to ur own conclusion from all that everyone has told you. Work with everyone not against them
Justin
Old May 7th, 2004, 08:23 PM   #28
Air China Pilot

I'm not that drunk yewt but this thread is making me more so.
Old May 8th, 2004, 03:32 AM   #29
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Young Lee : YowCH, do you have video-related jobs? -->>>

Every now and then, people come to me for their weddings. sometimes product launch or training videos. I do documentaries and advertisements for my church for free.

I'm the guy in between professional fees and cousin/uncle.

Professionally I am a lowly paid civil and structural engineer, with focus on infrastructural works such as bridges, tunnels and train stations.
SW: iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Ulead Video Studio, various little utilities
Yow Cheong Hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2004, 05:44 PM   #30
Regular Crew

I see Yow Hoe you are a profesional. It is good to have you for advise. I work in stocking shelves at great Canadian Superstore. It is good excersize but pay is not good. I drink beer only because I like the taste and feeling sometimes. but only once every few weeks. My girlfriend drinks beer more. I will wait one more week for gs400 information and then I will decide what I will do next. Most everyone is a great help for me for helping me with deciding with is better run and gun small Panasonic with ois.
Tom E Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant