DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/)
-   -   no specs, just solid proof (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/25715-no-specs-just-solid-proof.html)

George Beck May 8th, 2004 12:13 PM

no specs, just solid proof

here's a closeup of GS400....
you can makeout the Len's specs and some of the buttons.

GS400 closeup.jpg

Frank Granovski May 8th, 2004 03:58 PM

So, the proof is in the pudding?

It's not black!

It looks like a MX500/0 - PV-DV953. Maybe it should be called a MX6000? Or PV-DV954?

Those 2 pics I posted are closer close-ups, don't you think?

Well, at least we see it's 12X, but is that right? (Since we have no real specs other than what we recieved which we can count on 5 fingers.)

Notice the mic she's flat and flush with the cam housing and located behind the pop-up flash? For pop pop audio shoot video with the flash upright?

Tom E Young May 8th, 2004 05:21 PM

Picture looks like good run and gun video camcorder.

Frank Granovski May 8th, 2004 06:04 PM

How about for peeka-boo? Yes, it looks good, but looks can be deceiving. We will just have to wait and see.

George Beck May 8th, 2004 10:18 PM

Frank.. are you selling those cams?
you DO sound like an old cam.. I mean car salesman =)

give it a rest, move on and embarce the new =)

ps. you must have a lot more than five fingers to count a whole page of specs on them.. ;-)

ps2. you can see that the lens properties match the "specs I made up" .. hmm I must be a psychic if I can GUESS that, don't ya think? =)

Frank Granovski May 8th, 2004 10:43 PM

Actually I meant the specs I got for 10 fingers. (10.) The 10 that I got from the horse's mouth. (Pana.)

Is that a color pic? It looks B&W to me.

So did Pana Can. tell you it'll be brought in?

George Beck May 8th, 2004 10:53 PM

I have a professional eqipment store in Toronto confirming that they can give me the price towards the end of this month, and they'll have the cam available min-June. =)
now I'm pressing Pana-Canada with this info, to give up (confirm "my") specs, and respond weather they will be having the cam into their product line, as well as shed some info on the HD situation, or that store will be importing it from outside (probably US).
I don't expect response till Monday =)

I'm twisting arms and legs here.. Pana-Canada must have me in a "wanted" list.

and.. just for the record I did not make up any of the specs, and they'll end up to be the same, I just got tired of someone saying "it's this, it's just like GS100" without having any base for the argument.

and about the HD... I don't know if the cam has it, there's no other sign for it other than the 1mega still capture during videotaping, but is it technically possible?- it is.. so I give it 50/50 chance.

the rest of the specs are as solid as if you got tham from Pana, if you ask me.

ps. you can also makeout the " (f=3,3-39,6mm 1:1.6) " on the lens, from the pic...

Frank Granovski May 8th, 2004 11:03 PM

Quote:

you can also makeout the " (f=3,3-39,6mm 1:1.6) " on the lens, from the pic
What I also see is a physically wide lens, wider than the 953's and 852's lens. It looks like the same lens as on the PV-DV601, in terms of width, but with "Lieca" stamped on it. Makes all the difference in the world. :-))

George Beck May 8th, 2004 11:16 PM

Frank.. you got me here!
=)
I know the lens look wider... but thats all.

I'll go look at the PV-DV601.. as soon as my damn bird stops bugging me... =/
stupid parot.. wants attention ;)

update: who knew parrots want to sleep at 1am! =) so soon as I let her into her cage, she was quite and happy.

ps. it looks like a colour pic to me. the lens have colour reflection, as well there's something blue at the end of the LCD display in the middle...

ps.2. i took a look at the 601, coudn't compare them up-to-scale, but if was with VHS tapes, probably looks like the same size Optics, but the zoom there's 20x, and on gs400 is only12x
(which should not matter probably, sinze the shaking after 12x would be a lot..? maybe.. well... I don't need it anyway =) )

Justin Boyle May 9th, 2004 12:02 AM

well i hope that that lens does not say f3.0 because that is pretty terrible. anyways we all knew far before you were speculating that it was a 12x lens george so i don't know if you are that phsychic.

Justin

Frank Granovski May 9th, 2004 12:16 AM

Actually, Pana said it's 12X 2 months ago. It was in that list of partial specs they sent me. The big thing that was missing was the CCD size and info about the widescreen. No mention of frame mode either. See this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=23278

Tom E Young May 9th, 2004 01:14 AM

Who thinks this gs400 will be a better video camcorder then the dv953---better meaning better over all and better for run and gun? This is my first question. Does every one think I should wait one more week to see if the gs400 will come out and be better and if not buying the dv953 because it is cheap? This is my second question. Waiting a week can not hurt? It is just seven days. This is my third and last question. This is driving me nuts. What is Panasonic's phone number? I am going to call them Monday and get down to the bottom of this. I do not think I can even wait another week. What is the phone number?

Tom E Young May 9th, 2004 01:33 AM

Never mind I am going to wait for the gs400 and not worry about it until it comes out.

Frank Granovski May 9th, 2004 02:44 AM

The most difficult thing once you've made your decision is sticking with it...or knowing when to make a 180 degree about face.

Pana's number? Look in the Yellow Pages under video, or call the 1-800 411 service and ask. They are in the Toronto area somewhere.

Tom E Young May 9th, 2004 05:22 AM

Thank you. I would not think Panasonic Canada is in Edmonton's phone book. I will phone them and blast them for gs400 information about when it will be selling and for how much in Canada. If it will to much I will go with that b&h place that everyone talks about.

I do not worry know about specs from gs400 because George Beck has sent me all the full specs to me and I think it is good for my home videos. If it is good manual I can try and become profesional with it and make some extra money.

The dummy video book is good for a start my girl friend has bought me. It is easy to read and has nice pictures to make it easy.

I drank nine beers and this made me decide to wait for the gs400 video camcorder. George is a good and helpful member and I want to thank him for his information and other people who gave me good information and Bryan for pushing me into thinking better.

Sometimes it is better to think and sometimes it is better to wait after thinking because I never spent so much money in my life for a camcorder. The zr20 was cheaper but not better and now it is very old and not good for home videos, run and gun and making extra money which I do not know how to do yet.