click 'n check - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old May 23rd, 2004, 03:15 AM   #16
Outer Circle

I brought a few European Pana sites to Pana's attention. They've probably now yanked the GS400 early bird info because the specs are probably wrong. Sorry.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2004, 07:53 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Frank, yeah Espany seems to have yanked their page, too! well for the moment at least.
Joby Arandela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2004, 08:10 AM   #18
Wrangler

Quote:
that GS100 of yours is bigger than I thought it would be.
This pic might be better for judging the size of the GS100.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-12/74415/GS100.jpg
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2004, 10:02 PM   #19
Outer Circle

Are there any Panasonic sites left that have GS400 info posted?
Old May 23rd, 2004, 11:40 PM   #20
Regular Crew

So Frank, did Pany say which specs were wrong?
Old May 23rd, 2004, 11:50 PM   #21
Major Player

What about all of them, as in the gs400 may not be forthcoming this June or July? Of course I'm just speculating. But why pull a whole page instead of just making corrections? On the other hand, there is that catalog that is out there... still downloadable from the UK site. (Has anyone noticed that the shorthand for specifications and speculation is the same - "specs"?)
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2004, 12:05 AM   #22
Regular Crew

I was just wondering if Pany had indicated to Frank which specific feature or specification was not correct which led to the yanking of the pages.

Patricia, yes, I see the catalog's still in there with the speculative specs. I guess it's better to have nothing available than to have those product pages between pany branches showing conflicting specs and even in just one branch, the product page conflicts with their own catalog.

So this cleanup should be a good thing meaning the next product literature releases should now be accurate, consistent, and hopefully complete.
Old May 24th, 2004, 01:12 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Also, still downloadable from the Belgium site, the audio video catalog 2004 with a place holder for nv-gs4000 sans picture = they yanked the pic out.

http://www.panasonic.be/servlet/PB/s...o_video_NL.pdf

So Frank, are they going to yank this catalog too?

Please advise.
Old May 24th, 2004, 02:21 AM   #24
Major Player

Joby, don't take me too seriously. I have no idea what is going on with the gs400 and just take potshots at what's out there once in a while for the heck of it. I love my gs100 and certainly hope there is something "improved" in the same family in the works. Would like to see Pana keep on hacking away at improving this particular line. (Just reviewed a dvd I finished last month using the gs100 mostly in "smoothing" mode. Amazing sound and picture quality for a small home movie handheld. Now if they could just get the coffee cup holder right...)
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2004, 02:27 AM   #25
Outer Circle

I think that some of these sites "jumped the gun." The GS400 was to have been announced officially already, I'm sure, but there has been countless delays for reasons unknown. It seems that when I brought up these other Pana sites (to Pana) containing PAL GS400 info, which was not even a week ago, the posted GS400 partial specs have being getting removed. I can only guess the rest. Speculation anyone? My guess is that they have had ongoing problems with their finished GS400, and perhaps now they have dropped the PAL version for the time being and instead concentrated on the NTSC version/s---especially for the Japanese market; or we will be getting something entirely different and late---it's already late! It still might be called the GS400, though, and maybe it'll even be the 1-year-old mamba. Like I said, it's all speculation now...and that is why I'd rather have a MX5000 today, than spend a year's salary on something that'll be obsolete tomorrow---or wait for Christmas when the summer has been long gone.
Quote:
So Frank, are they going to yank this catalog too?
I don't know, but it is a panasonical possibility. :-))
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:09 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Thanks Patricia. And yeah, I hope it will retain the features of the mamba + some improvements too. :)

Frank, this complete catalog still has the gs400:

http://www.panasonic.be/servlet/PB/s...og_PBN_NED.pdf
Old May 24th, 2004, 04:44 PM   #27
Outer Circle

Thanks, Joby.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant