Creating Titles in the .TTL format for title-mix - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old June 29th, 2004, 03:20 AM   #16
Regular Crew

title club

I think Pansonic is wrong when they say there isn't any software to do this. When I was in Tokyo I saw a box behind glass that said "MultiMediaCard Title Club" on it. It looked just like the sort of thing that could be used to create titles, but I couldn't get a good look at it. The price was pretty steep if I recall, so I didn't bother to ask a clerk to see it. You can see a free upgrade to title club listed on the Japanese support page here:
http://panasonic.jp/support/video/download/index.html

So far no luck in finding a bootleg version of this program, or a trick to create these files in Photoshop.

BTW, you can download a small collection of titles from the Australian support site here:
http://www.panasonic.com.au/support/downloads/results.cfm

Sadly I lost my Japanese titles and can't find them online anywhere. They were pretty cool too!
Jamie Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2004, 10:44 AM   #17
Major Player

Jamie, this tutorial will let you create title's in Photoshop...
http://www.dvinfo.net/canongl2/media/titlemix.wmv

An interesting note for you Pana owners. When following this tutorial to make your own image files for Title-Mixing, you can lower the R,G,B to 9,9,9. Where as the Canon GL2 keys out any black under RGB 12,12,12 the Pana's key out blacks at 8,8,8 and lower. Cool. Better letterboxing for users of the 2001 Pana line that didn't have a widescreen mode.

I could put all my title files online if somebody hosted them. I don't know how, or if we can add attachments to posts. Just tell me how and they're yours. I could also email them to people if they like. I made Letterbox bars for 1.85:1 (Panavision) and 2.35:1 (Cinemascope) ratios, and also made a watermark logo for my production company... All Life Ends Productions .
Jesse Bekas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2004, 06:53 PM   #18
Major Player

Jesse,
You can put the files in the Downloads section of my website. Just register and you can upload them yourself.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2004, 11:12 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Jesse, thanks for the help. I watched the tutorial and tried to make the files but when I import them they just show up as a big X in the camera. Also, if I try renaming the existing title files on the camera to .jpg and loading them in Windows they don't work. Does the GS100k use a different file format for titles than older cameras, or am I just doing something wrong? Any idea?
Jamie Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2004, 11:35 AM   #20
Major Player

I've been talking on the boards with somebody from camcorderinfo.com using an NV-GS120 who also is unable to duplicate my results. That leads to believe that there is a difference in file format recognition between either the 2001 and 2003/4 models, or a differnece in format recognition between the American and Overseas models...which makes less sense. I am stumped, but will upload my working templates (for PV-DV851) to an album on www.fortvir.net (thanks Guy!) for others to experiment with.
Jesse Bekas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant