Need recommendation on PAL models at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old June 1st, 2004, 06:53 PM   #1
New Boot

Need recommendation on PAL models

I need recommendation on PAL models. Panasonic is preferred but Sony will do as well. Budget is less than $1000. I don't know if it's possible to get 3CCD and optical stabilization with this budget. The camera will be used to take new born baby movements.
Thank you very much.
Kaushik Mukhopadhaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2004, 07:08 PM   #2
New Boot

I am not sure if all PAL models are available in Moscow, Russia. That is the place where the camera will be purchased.
Old June 1st, 2004, 07:21 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

But you're in Atlanta, and most newer PAL televisions will play NTSC video. Where will you be spending more time, here or in Russia? Will the camcorder stay there, or is it travelling with you?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2004, 07:27 PM   #4
New Boot

Camera will stay there in Russia. Actually it will be a gift for my brother in law.
Old June 1st, 2004, 09:29 PM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

I know you've stated Panasonic or Sony, but I just wanted to point out that the newest Canon DV camcorders include a variety of menu language options, and one of them is Russian. Not that your brother needs that feature; or a Canon camcorder for that matter... surely Panasonic and Sony are doing the same languages too... but it makes me wonder. If manufacturers are including Russian and European language menus into NTSC camcorders, does that mean that NTSC camcorders are perfectly usable in PAL countries?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2004, 05:31 AM   #6
New Boot

NTSC camcorders are perfectly usable in PAL countries until you want to see the picture in a bigger display (TV or projector). Then you need a NTSC display, PAL displays won't work.
Kaushik Mukhopadhaya is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant