Where to buy DV953?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old June 12th, 2004, 11:13 PM   #1
New Boot

Where to buy DV953??

hey guys after doing my homework and taking great advices from you guys i decided to go w/ DV953 - but can't find a decent place to buy it. i found plenty of them marked as low as $599 at the back mags but they all turn out to be NYC brooklyn scams.
bigger stores don't have it or at $1200.
where do you guys find yours? thanks!
Old June 13th, 2004, 03:07 AM   #2
Outer Circle

I just receieved B&H's summer catalog yesterday, and noticed the DV953 is listed. However, I would check with their website to see if they have any left:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

I would try B&H first. They are the best.

Take note that on the top of this forum there is a sticky thread about where to buy. This one:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=17208

If B&H doesn't have any left, and can't get you one in, you may want to try onecall.com or buydig.com

I assume you know that the PV-DV953 is being replaced with the PV-GS400, which should be available in about 5 to 6 weeks. If you're interested in the specs, I have the user manual of the PAL version for a PDF download here:

http://www.dvfreak.com/pana_mx5.htm
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2004, 11:14 AM   #3
New Boot

tried all three but none of them has it. sounds like they get rid of them in a hurry and have no intention to stock them anymore. guess i'll have to stick to ebay
Old June 15th, 2004, 10:18 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Dazhi:

I was just in B & H in New York on Monday. They had a advertisement for the DV 953 at a special price of 979.00 dollars. Then they had a sticker over the advert that said "offer discontinued". I unfortunately didn't ask if they had any, but you should look at some of the other bigger houses that may still have stock. Try Willoughby's in NY (that is actually where I got my camera) and just keep plugging away. Also do a search here online to see if someone like ecost or another online merchant may still have stock.

If the GS400 turns out to be that much more than the DV953 .... I would most probably be interested in selling my DV953. Then you could save on the shipping since I live in the next city to you! I just want to see if it would be worth upgrading especially for the lower light. plus -- it does look pretty cool in black!

Since I've been out of town this past week, I have to catch up and actually see the specs to see if it's even worth it. But keep searching!

Best,

Rick.
Rick Tugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2004, 10:37 PM   #5
New Boot

hey rick thanks a lot for the info! i called brandsmart today and they told me sawgrass and palm beach have them. but both won't go lower than 1150 so i'll call them next week.
if you decide to sell yours definitely let me know. thanks!
Old June 16th, 2004, 09:46 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi Dazhi:

You can negotiate with Brandsmart, but you have to be there. Yeah the phone price is probably 1150.00, but once you actually get there and deal with them, it's something else. Hey remember they want to move it out and if you get a hungry sales guy, it just might be worth seeing what you can get those guys down to. Always ask them for the lowest price and push more.

I once bought a DV camera from them - the camera listed for about 1450.00 and I got them down with deals on other stuff included to about 1200.00 for the camera. They gave me a break on other stuff and threw things in to bring down the cost of the camera. What I didn't want I just returned after the deal was made. So go check it out!

As for me selling mine .... I love mine and right now it's working for me. If that changes and your still haven't gotten yours - sure we could talk. At least I'm right next door (laughing).

Let me know how you make out.

Rick.
Rick Tugman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant