NV-GS400K in black at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old July 8th, 2004, 05:10 PM   #1
Tourist

NV-GS400K in black

I'm interested in buying the NV-GS400K from Pricejapan. Does anyone know if this camera comes with English menus also, or just Japanese. If not is this the only Panasonic GS400 (NTSC version) that is in black? Also what accessories are recommended (batteries, tapes, etc.)
Old July 9th, 2004, 05:34 AM   #2
Wrangler

Right now it looks like only Japan is getting a black version of the GS400. Its yet to be determined if any features are stripped from the N.A. GS400 or the PAL GS400.

Its doubtful that a Japanese GS400 will have English menus. Judging from Panasonic's history you will have one language for the country it is sold in.

Its always good to have a second battery and Panasonic or Fuji tapes are fine as long as you stick with one brand. Tape swapping may or may not lead to clogged video heads and I see no reason to test this theory. :)
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2004, 07:22 AM   #3
Major Player

Don't forget an MC protector or a UV filter to protect that most valuable piece of Leica Dicomar lens full time, and for bright outdoor conditions, an ND4 or ND8 filter.

I think it is a must to have a second (or third) battery because the supplied one would barely last an hour in real world shooting. Note that the GS400 drains battery power even faster than the GS100. The member Pat has that huge and long-lasting waist type (off-cam) battery and she seems to like it very much.

Finally, get a well-padded cam bag.

So far, all Pany Japan 2004 cam models do not have multi-lingual menu unlike the latest offerings from Canon and Sharp Japan. Hopefully that would change with the GS400, but not likely IMO because there is no indication in the website or in the printed catalogue of having such feature.

By the way, I mix standard type Sony, Panasonic and Fuji tapes all the time without any problem but Frank thinks I'm just lucky :-))
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant