I'm taking a request at my site. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old July 28th, 2004, 05:56 AM   #1
Trustee

I'm taking a request at my site.

Now I have about 100MB left on my idisk and someone asked me to post an original DV file. Since the clips I made are 90MB in file size, so I can only post one for now. I can make it to take turns, but can you tell me which one all of you wanna see? Please leave your request at the comment here.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2004, 05:14 AM   #2
Trustee

i posted coupled of files that Mark and Chuck requested at my blog. Take a look.
Old July 29th, 2004, 08:23 PM   #3
Major Player

thanks, Kaku

this is invaluable - the best choice for now. maybe change it every week - next time you can offer 30p/procinema footage!

all the best in Japan!

Mark

By the way, Kaku, you and your wife really shot excellent test clips - the detail in the brick outside your home is excellent indication of sharper resolution of the 400 and your choice of both long shots and closeups in 30p footage and comparisons again proves the point - very educated decisions in shooting the footage - Panasonic should be paying you because I will be buying GS400 now for sure thanks to you and your clips at your blog!

Mark
Mark Kubat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2004, 08:42 PM   #4
Trustee

I'm planning to do that since I have only 20MB left.

Thank you for your compliment, Mark.
Old July 31st, 2004, 12:06 PM   #5
Major Player

Kaku, please shoot comparison between 60i and 30p of same action

Kaku, sent you comment at your blog - just thinking if you could shoot same scene/setup in 30p procinema and then in 60i 4:3 on gs400 so we can see exactly what procinema is doing in terms of:

1)gamma change
2) resolution
3) directly seeing the "difference" in terms of the frame mode compared to 60i

I've studied your footage outside your house on the street in front of brick wall very well - we are all familiar with it, seeing comparisons to the other cams, etc. can you shoot this scene again but in both 30p and 60i so we can directly compare?

This I think will be very telling!

Best regards,
Mark

PS. Don't waste your time on silly, overpriced XL2 - oh, just kidding but am sure someone here is going to take this comment the wrong way! Ha ha!
Mark Kubat is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant