High Pitch sound on GS 100? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 10th, 2004, 11:01 AM   #16
Tourist

<<<My advice to anyone owning cameras or audio having 1/8" jacks is to make a short cable, adapting 1/8" to 1/4" or 1/8" to two XLR. And never unplug it from the camera.
Carlos>>>

U're Damn right,Carlos
Old August 10th, 2004, 08:22 PM   #17
Major Player

I've heard the glitches Mike has (thanks Mike for posting it to me).
They are same thing I had on older tapes recorded on Sony TRV10 cam. My fresh tapes exibite same thing too but not so pronounced. And to top it off I'm pretty much sure I have this on all my shots but almost unaudible (you really have to listen very carefull to hear it's actually there).
So does it come from wet electret condenser (tapes from different cam for example)?
I'm almost 100% sure it's not the mike or the connector. Connector jack gives hissing, crackling bump noises.
What we have are GLITCHES!!! Where and why this glitches come in the recording I don't have answer right now. Some bad electronic design or component probably?!
Or overload of the signal?
Thinking more the old tapes recorded on Sony more likely to have slight incompability - this is possible especially when recorded in LP mode (usually even stated in the manual that intergangability of LP mode recorded tapes is not good when plaed back on different cam).
So is it possible that the GS100 also have problems playing back even it's own matherial?
But Mike replayed the problem on different cam - so it should be on recording...
Oh well, I don't know...
Bogdan Vaglarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2004, 04:10 AM   #18
Tourist

Bogdan is right,Mike,
what i had on TRV900,which was caused by humid audio interface, was really WILD noises,not like that wma U sent to me.In my opinion this is no easy problem,and the problem should be INSIDE your cam(some recording module stuff),rather than outside(what I mentioned before).I am sorry that I had never shot in LP mode,and never came across this situation,either;I can't give you a proper answer.However I will post this problem along with the wma file "pitchnoiseGS100" on Taiwan DV web community for some good advises.One thing I am sure is,your problem may be best fixed by sending back to Pany.Hope U can get a perfect GS100 back and an absolute answer.I'll mail U any new information as soon as I have.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant