frame/intermittent rec. on gs400 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 1st, 2004, 10:01 PM   #1
Tourist

frame/intermittent rec. on gs400

I may buy a gs400 (around AUD$2400) and was just wondering if anyone new if it had frame by frame recording and intermittent recording like my to-be-sold SonyTRV33? I found this to be a great feature in the past. Also, I am also still tossing up the idea of a DVC30, but its a little too cost prohibitive. Has anyone seen it for under AUD$3500 here in Oz?? Cheers.
Brett Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2004, 03:42 AM   #2
Tourist

I'm no camera buff unfortunately, but I'm also looking into a GS400. Where exactly are you seeing it for $2400? the cheapest I can find is $2800.

Cheers
Chris Campbell-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2004, 04:51 AM   #3
Tourist

http://www.entique.com.au/products.aspx?manufacturer=Panasonic

Here is the link. $2360 before shipping and insurance. Good eh!
Brett Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2004, 07:22 AM   #4
Major Player

Re: frame/intermittent rec. on gs400

<<<-- Originally posted by Brett Paul : I may buy a gs400 (around AUD$2400) and was just wondering if anyone new if it had frame by frame recording and intermittent recording like my to-be-sold SonyTRV33?

Such feature has become a standard function of Sony cams but has yet to appear in Panasonic cams.
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2004, 06:07 PM   #5
Wrangler

I believe frame-by-frame recording is possible with the Panasonic AG-DVC30.

Checkout page 39 on the operating instructions link below. This is for the PAL DVC30.

Click here for DVC30 operating instructions
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2004, 06:22 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Re: frame/intermittent rec. on gs400

<<<-- Originally posted by Brett Paul : Also, I am also still tossing up the idea of a DVC30, but its a little too cost prohibitive. Has anyone seen it for under AUD$3500 here in Oz?? Cheers. -->>>
I'm also interested in a DVC30 but the best I can find is AU$3900. No one seems to have stock, though.
Where should I look for the 3500 price?
cheers
Alex
Alex Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2004, 06:28 PM   #7
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Tommy Haupfear : I believe frame-by-frame recording is possible with the Panasonic AG-DVC30.

Checkout page 39 on the operating instructions link below. This is for the PAL DVC30.

Oh yes, I stand corrected :-) Now that's one cool feature that should be added to Pana's consumer cams too.
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2004, 03:04 AM   #8
Tourist

Alex, the cheapest I have seen a dvc30 is around $3300 + GST upon arrival. (It was to be shipped from US, but was still the PAL version) Here in Adelaide, the cheapest that I have seen (from the only place that actually HAS them!)is $3900.
Brett Paul is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant