DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/)
-   -   Do you want a dedicated GS400 board? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/30502-do-you-want-dedicated-gs400-board.html)

Chris Hurd August 13th, 2004 08:12 PM

Do you want a dedicated GS400 board?

I'd be happy to run this idea past the other admin's. If y'all want your very own playground, speak up and we'll make it so.

Patricia Kim August 14th, 2004 01:01 AM

I don't own one, so I shouldn't be the first to speak up. But I think perhaps the time is not yet ripe? We don't have enough information - too few owners/users yet. It's not even clear whether there are differences - and how much they matter - in configuration depending on the market (Japan NTSC, North America NTSC, various PAL countries) where the cam is sold/purchased. Maybe in a week or two?

BTW, thinking of getting one? :)

Andreas Winkler August 14th, 2004 05:35 AM

Hm, I think it's not such a good idea to have a new board only for the GS400, as there are many things in common with other NV/PV camcorders and so it's easier to share experiences here. I don't feel this board is overloaded yet.
I just suggest to change to name of this board to something like "Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant"! ;)

Dan Peterson August 14th, 2004 08:49 AM

I vote "Yes."

Tommy Haupfear August 14th, 2004 09:45 AM

Judging by the posts it already looks like a dedicated GS400 board! :)

We don't get nearly as many posts for the single CCD Panasonics or even the entry level compact 3CCDs (GS70, GS120, GS200..).

It seems to me that its always the top end offering from Panasonic's compact 3CCD division that creates the greatest amount of buzz until its replaced (see also DV953 and GS100).

What do you guys think?

Mark Kubat August 14th, 2004 11:42 AM

Chris, absolutely, yes - this cam is "hot"

Chris, yes, please set it up - this cam is big improvement over the 953 and let me tell you, Panasonic has really done something special here...

Families that buy this cam for holiday shooting are going to turn their kids into filmmaking monsters once they discover the procinema mode... Buyer beware!

Mark

Kurth Bousman August 14th, 2004 11:52 AM

After reading Marks' early impressions , the gs400 has more in common with the dvx than with panasonics' other models but it wouldn't make since to combine those 2 models in one forum so , I would say , yes , but maybe wait a month and see more early users responses- thanks for your help Chris

Young Lee August 14th, 2004 02:02 PM

Chris, what we really need is a dedicated GS board for the GS120/200/400.

Allan Rejoso August 14th, 2004 08:49 PM

The present board has served well for the Pany flagship 3-CCD consumer cams, MX3000, MX5000, GS100 and now GS400. And if the GS500 or GCX500 of SGS500 (or whatever Pany calls the next iteration of flagship cams) or any other new Pany were available now, I don't see any problem posting info on the present board.

Just as Andreas mentioned, I also think these Pany cams have sooooooooo many things in common, thus making it easier to exchange info.

Joe Carney August 15th, 2004 09:37 AM

Maybe just adding GS to the forum for the time being?

Chris Hurd August 15th, 2004 10:29 AM

Perhaps adding "GS" to the forum title is the best action for now, at least.

Tony Leung August 17th, 2004 09:00 PM

Support!