DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/)
-   -   GS400: U.S. Prices Falling to $1329 (B&H) and Lower (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/31638-gs400-u-s-prices-falling-1329-b-h-lower.html)

Jane Molero September 9th, 2004 11:40 AM

GS400: U.S. Prices Falling to $1329 (B&H) and Lower

B&H Photo has dropped its price for the GS400 to $1329 (go to their website, then click on "Add to Cart" to get the price break), plus reasonable shipping charges.

Translation: As of today, there's no good reason for anybody in the U.S. to pay any more than $1329 for the GS400, since B&H is hard to beat in terms of being a reputable retailer.

There are also posts on the www.camcorderinfo.com forum for the GS400 that J&R Music World is price matching down to $1215, with other online retailers selling slightly below $1200.

I'm glad to see that the GS400 is starting to come down in price ... it was pretty amazing to see so many online retailers offering the GS400 at exactly list price (even higher in some cases) during the past few weeks.

With a little patience, maybe we'll see more price breaks in the weeks to come ... after all, the GS400 may become "old technology" sooner than we think ! (See the Sept. 6 announcement from Sony about their new 3-CCD HIGH DEFINITION camcorder, the Sony HDR-FX1, at CamcorderInfo.com > Consumer Camcorders > News, Guides and Tips.)

Eric Chi September 9th, 2004 12:20 PM

Re: GS400: U.S. Prices Falling to $1329 (B&H) and Lower

I bought my GS400 for around $1347 with Beach Camera about 2 weeks ago :-) :-) :-)

This is such a great camera! Just got my first shooting back from our seminars over the long weekend. It's more than excellent. And very comparable to everythings I see in my TV.

If I'm going to upgrade one day, actually not upgrade, but get an extra camera, it will probably be one of the the new HDV camcorders. The video from GS400 makes me believe I can skip all the rest of 3-CCD "DVs" (like Sony 2100 and a bunch of so called "prosumer" models) And even when those days come, I'll probably keep the GS400 due to its relatively small size.

Eric.

<<<-- Originally posted by Jane Molero : B&H Photo has dropped its price for the GS400 to $1329 (go to their website, then click on "Add to Cart" to get the price break), plus reasonable shipping charges.

Translation: As of today, there's no good reason for anybody in the U.S. to pay any more than $1329 for the GS400, since B&H is hard to beat in terms of being a reputable retailer.

There are also posts on the www.camcorderinfo.com forum for the GS400 that J&R Music World is price matching down to $1215, with other online retailers selling slightly below $1200.

I'm glad to see that the GS400 is starting to come down in price ... it was pretty amazing to see so many online retailers offering the GS400 at exactly list price (even higher in some cases) during the past few weeks.

With a little patience, maybe we'll see more price breaks in the weeks to come ... after all, the GS400 may become "old technology" sooner than we think ! (See the Sept. 6 announcement from Sony about their new 3-CCD HIGH DEFINITION camcorder, the Sony HDR-FX1, at CamcorderInfo.com > Consumer Camcorders > News, Guides and Tips.) -->>>

Brian Kennedy September 10th, 2004 12:41 PM

I bought my GS400 on Monday from B&H, fully prepared to pay $1400. When they said the price was $1329, I was like "cool" and they were all like "yeah that's right" and I was like "you go, B&H." ;-)