Lens Hood for PV-GS400 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old September 16th, 2004, 12:40 PM   #1
New Boot

Lens Hood for PV-GS400

I would like to know what my options are for putting a lens hood on a GS400. I am currently using a tiffen 812 and UV filter combo on lens now.
Bob Bitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2004, 04:45 PM   #2
Outer Circle

I always use a hood. It blocks out unwanted light. Just get any screw-on rubber hood in the correct filter thread size---you screw it onto your filter. Hoya and B+W make good ones. Hoya are less expensive but uglier.

Finding the correct thread size may be difficult. You might have to try one of the filter/hood on-line stores. I have a couple listed on my website, but try B&H first.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2004, 06:43 PM   #3
New Boot

Step up to a popular size

I found 43mm is not really a popular filter size and hood. I added a 43-52 step up ring and then use 52 filters and hood.

52mm is a popular size for Nikon lenses. Other good one will be 62mm, but seems to big for GS400. You can also check for popular size for Canon camera lenses. Since they are wider, you don't have any issue with wide angle lensese.

Once you step up, you will also find that buying filters becomes much easier.

Eric.
Eric Chi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant