What is proper way to charge GS400 battery at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old October 1st, 2004, 02:30 AM   #1
Trustee

What is proper way to charge GS400 battery

Hello everyone,

I got my GS400 from www.pricejapan.com by DHL today finally after 5 long waiting days.

May I ask how long to charge the battery? What is the best waiting time to wait the battery to be properly charged? Two hours? 6 hours? The battery is just normal battery in the camera package.

TIA
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2004, 04:54 AM   #2
Wrangler

Congratulations Leigh on your new cam!

Just slide the battery onto the charger and then wait until the charger light goes out (its 100% automatic). Also make sure to download the English GS400 manual at the top of this forum which should go over battery charging in greater detail.
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2004, 12:55 PM   #3
Trustee

Hi Tommy,

Thanks

I downloaded that GS400 English manual around three days ago and just started reading it once I got the camera.

It seems that lots of usage are quite different from my gy-dv5000 even for doing the same thing. i.e. how to turn on the camera. gy-dv5000 just simply swith on, but it takes me a while to figure out how to turn gs400 on. Another thing is put minidv tape in the box, different too. They should like windows, all get same user interface. Different vendors seems want to put innovation on these useless difference and confuse me a lot.

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2004, 02:32 PM   #4
Tourist

Hello,
How much did you buy your GS 400?
I'm planning to buy one in pricejapan.com.
I have paypal so I might pay them with that.
Is your black GS400 nice than the silver one?
Thanks for your response.
Victor O Ranjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2004, 04:04 PM   #5
Trustee

1000 us dollar by banking wire transfer to their USA bank acount and plus I paid NZ$25 to a NZ company for wire transfer fee. The guy I was dealing with is a really nice person. It took whole waiting period 5 days from I did bank wire transfer till I got the camera from DHL. You know from Japan to New Zealand is really far away.

I am slowly experiencing the camera due to Japanse language which I don't know.

I love black color as it has no reflection.
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant