My new GS400 photo - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old September 4th, 2006, 04:05 PM   #79
Trustee

I have manipulated the color etc in some of the post photos to get the look I want. That really show nv-gs400 is really a nice tool to express myself. ;-)

Regards
Leigh

www.smootharm.com
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 03:56 PM   #83
Major Player

Leigh, I have two words for you: "You're Awesome!"
These are some incredible photos! What is you're techniques? Do you use a flash? Or is this all natural lighting?
Did you take a class or something? Do you get a paid to take these, or is it just pure fun?

Keep it up, man!
~Gabriel~
Gabriel Yeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 04:52 PM   #84
Trustee

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for the word. ;-)

I was studying photography based on Mikko's suggestion which I shot boring video footage for my demo video of SmoothArm. I want my demo video for my SmoothArm to be interesting and I prefer to do demo video myself, just to save money of course. That is the reason I work hard in the last three years to learn as much as possible. Now I realized that it is the observation to make a difference and takes life time to have fun and there is no instant result. That is pretty sad for me to know about that. I like most others to prefer instant great result. But in the end, it is me to make a great art, and not the camera.

I did not take a class, but lots of people suggested me to do that. The reason for not taking a class just simply I don't want to spend the money. I spent around US$400 to buy photography books and video training dvd to learn.

Most photos I shot are natural lighting mainly because I can't afford to buy professional lighting gear and carrying around with me. I have to wait to get the color I want and I spend around an hour to get the car shot in the sunset in my previous post and I shot around dozens of photos to get one picture I am very proud of. ;-)

I did use flash to get some flower shot in the sun. The reason for that is without flash, the contrast was so great and endup grey became white and shadow become black.

Hope it answers your question. ;-)

Regards
Leigh
www.smootharm.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager
Leigh, I have two words for you: "You're Awesome!"
These are some incredible photos! What is you're techniques? Do you use a flash? Or is this all natural lighting?
Did you take a class or something? Do you get a paid to take these, or is it just pure fun?

Keep it up, man!
~Gabriel~
Old September 14th, 2006, 05:17 PM   #85
Major Player

Wow! Great job. Keep it up! I'll be watching.

~Gabriel~
Old September 17th, 2006, 03:36 PM   #87
Major Player

Wow! Those new ones are really nice! Are you using a macro lens?

~Gabriel~
Old September 17th, 2006, 05:12 PM   #88
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager
Wow! Those new ones are really nice! Are you using a macro lens?

~Gabriel~
No

http://www.smootharm.com/picture/nfp...2/IMGA9639.jpg is just a normal close shot. The flower is too bigger for me to take macro shot which is more than 10mm in diameter.

http://www.smootharm.com/picture/nfp...2/IMGA9704.jpg I was using a 50mm normal still photography lense, reverse handheld mount to gs400 and zoom to take the shot. Unfortuantely the flower is quite big and not so great for macro photography. I love the flower size around 2mm to 3mm in diameter. ;-)

Regards
Leigh
www.smootharm.com
Old September 17th, 2006, 05:35 PM   #89
Trustee

http://www.smootharm.com/picture/nfp...2/IMGA9821.jpg
http://www.smootharm.com/picture/nfp...2/IMGA9770.jpg

Regards
Leigh
www.smootharm.com
Old September 17th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #90
Major Player

Very impressive. I really like the most recent one! Nice job.

~Gabriel~
Gabriel Yeager is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant