My new GS400 photo - Page 9 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 5th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #121
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington, NorthWest USA
Posts: 788
Dykinga

What am I going to do with you, Leigh!? I don't check the forum for a day, and then when I do I get flooded with images! haha!
but no, seriously, you do a good job. Keep it up.

I really liked how well you did the DOF in this one. It looks really nice.

Have you ever heard of a man named Jack Dykinga? He is titled the "Master of Light", In the August issue of "outdoor photographer". The way that he takes his photographs is incredible! He has a few books out, I thought maybe you would like to check them out and see if they are any good, or interesting to you at all.

Anyways. Best of luck!
~Gabriel~
__________________
Gabriel Photography
Gabriel Yeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2006, 02:03 PM   #122
Trustee
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NZ
Posts: 1,276
Hi Gabriel,

Thanks

The camera was very closed to the flower and was shot around 6pm sunset time in the picture you mentioned. I did not want just the flower in the picture which was very boring. The sad thing about this picture is there is no water drop on the flower and the focus to the flower is not so good. I think that focus issue was related to I handheld the camera and I really wish I had a mini tripod.

The picture I really like to show around is this one http://www.smootharm.com/picture/nfp...2/IMGA1371.jpg

Regarding books, I am reading The Art of Photography: An Approach to Personal Expression

I just finished around 10% of the book in two months. This is a great book. The book tells you about the holly spirit about photography.;-) I wish I had this book before I bought any camera, but sad thing is it was too late.

Regards
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager
What am I going to do with you, Leigh!? I don't check the forum for a day, and then when I do I get flooded with images! haha!
but no, seriously, you do a good job. Keep it up.

I really liked how well you did the DOF in this one. It looks really nice.

Have you ever heard of a man named Jack Dykinga? He is titled the "Master of Light", In the August issue of "outdoor photographer". The way that he takes his photographs is incredible! He has a few books out, I thought maybe you would like to check them out and see if they are any good, or interesting to you at all.

Anyways. Best of luck!
~Gabriel~
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2006, 03:35 PM   #123
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington, NorthWest USA
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh Wanstead
The picture I really like to show around is this one http://www.smootharm.com/picture/nfp...2/IMGA1371.jpg
This is a great picture. I truly love it. Do you print out all of your images?
Quote:
Regarding books, I am reading The Art of Photography: An Approach to Personal Expression
I just finished around 10% of the book in two months. This is a great book. The book tells you about the holly spirit about photography.;-)
This looks like a good book. But is it really $188.99? Thats a lot of money, and is almost the price of the camera I am going to get. @_@

Quote:
I wish I had this book before I bought any camera, but sad thing is it was too late.
Why do you say that? Does the book talk about different cameras, and which one is the right one for you, or something?

~Gabriel~

PS: It takes me a long time to get thru books also. $)
__________________
Gabriel Photography
Gabriel Yeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2006, 05:27 PM   #124
Trustee
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NZ
Posts: 1,276
Hi Gabriel,

I love to print my images, but no, I did not print any of my images since I own my gs400 minidv camera.

I bought the book second hand for around US$50 including shipping which is really nice. I was terrified by that price I saw on amazon. The main reason for the book so dear I guess is to get next release and next release seems not coming.

The true amazing thing about the book is it did not talk anything about camera ;-) The most important thing I learned from this book so far is what is the definition of composition. ;-)

Regards
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager
This is a great picture. I truly love it. Do you print out all of your images?


This looks like a good book. But is it really $188.99? Thats a lot of money, and is almost the price of the camera I am going to get. @_@



Why do you say that? Does the book talk about different cameras, and which one is the right one for you, or something?

~Gabriel~

PS: It takes me a long time to get thru books also. $)
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 12:06 PM   #130
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington, NorthWest USA
Posts: 788
Nice stuff Leigh. Its been awhile since I have posted here, so I thought I would.

I like the bird stuff that you have. They really caught my eyes.
Thanks!
~Gabriel~
__________________
Gabriel Photography
Gabriel Yeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 01:06 PM   #131
Trustee
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NZ
Posts: 1,276
Hi Gabriel,

Thanks ;-)

Have you bought your camera?

Regards
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager
Nice stuff Leigh. Its been awhile since I have posted here, so I thought I would.

I like the bird stuff that you have. They really caught my eyes.
Thanks!
~Gabriel~

Last edited by Leigh Wanstead; October 23rd, 2006 at 03:50 PM.
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 10:45 AM   #133
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: kentucky, USA
Posts: 429
Those are all very good!!!! Always nice to see your work.
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #134
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: kentucky, USA
Posts: 429
Leigh, did you happen to notice the Brevis 35 adapter threads. The creator of that wonderful adapter just happens to be a GS400 user/owner too and does most of his test footage with it. The footage is absolutley amazing with the depth of field and cinematic presence. He uses a lot of FD Canon Lenses and recently Used actual "cinema lenses" and the footage is just incredible. Check out his website and message board for the Brevis adapter (if you haven't already) and look for these test footage postings. Most if not all is raw footage and is just amazing!!!!
GS400 rules!!!
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 01:46 PM   #135
Trustee
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NZ
Posts: 1,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Witt
Those are all very good!!!! Always nice to see your work.
Hi Steve,

Thanks ;-)

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:23 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network