Various posts & questions about Panasonic DV / GS / MX camcorders - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old March 30th, 2003, 09:38 AM   #16
New Boot

car battery charger for mx500(0)

Hi all

1.The AC adapter that was supplied with the cam is VSK0592 (model no).

2. you can see that in the front of it there is a socket written CAR
DC IN .

3. at the manual(NV-MX500EN) page 59(printed) or page 7(pdf)it is
written that car adapter is VW-KBD2E (it is another charger ).

4. there is a Cigaret lighter adapter VW-KA7E (try search it on the
net) that is suite for the mx300/350 charger .

my question is if the above item VW-KA7E fit and can be used with the
VSK0592 ?
and if not why panasonic bother put the (CAR DC IN) socket.

Thanks in advance
Eli
Eli Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2003, 08:06 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Can someon make a short movie with the MX500?

I'm dying to see just a small video recorded in the evening in an average living room with average lights.

I'm surprised how little examples there are! After searching the net for over 2 days I only found 8 photo's and no sample movie at all! Especially with camera's, image qualtiy is also a subjective matter. People like to see for themselves how good/bad the image quality is before they spend $2000 on a cam

DpReview for example has LOADS of photo's from almost all digital camera's on the market! Why is there no "DvReview" with short sample movies from all cam's on the market?

I *know* some of you have this cam... a 5 to 10 sec pan through the room will be enough...
As long as the movie is not larger than 10 mb, you can mail it to me at bram.corstjens@planet.nl

Many thanx for those that take the time!!!
Bram Corstjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2003, 12:58 AM   #18
Inner Circle

The MX300 and its flipping side screen

My MX300 has this clever trick where you can reverse the image on the side screen so that if you're talking to camera you can have it set so that the screen image is what you see in a mirror. You enter the menu, go to "other functions" and toggle between normal and mirror.

For the most natural look you'd have it set to 'mirror' - that way if the light is striking the right side of your face the side screen shows you the same thing ~ that the light is coming from the right. This then looks 'correct' and is far more natural than the normal setting.

The only snag is that in this mirror mode you're only allowed to see the battery charge symbol - everything else is turned off. If you have the normal mode selected you can still check your w/bal, the aperture, shutter speed, see that you're in manual, have OIS turned on, have the time code visible, know that you're in a program mode and have the zebras turned on - all that stuff.

There's another quirk. Unless the side-screen is click-stopped into the forward facing position, all that information is written upside down. Oh, and Sony camcorders have never offered this image flipping trick - they only show you the 'mirror' view.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2003, 04:23 AM   #19
Outer Circle

Another new Pana ad

PlasmaSMP has created another ad for Pana. Click here to view:

http://www.dvfreak.com/dv-comm1.gif
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2003, 04:25 PM   #20
Major Player

3 chip PAL way under a grand sterling

http://www.askdirect.co.uk/uview?cal...64&topcatid=10

with key spec

Beware ***PLUGGER-BYTES***
John Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2003, 04:00 PM   #21
Outer Circle

MX Forum's 400th thread!

Wow!

For those of you who are thinking of the GS100, or need those extra things which are only available in Japan, keep our good member Allan in mind. He is reliable and reasonable, and he would be happy to get you what you need.

Frank
Old October 7th, 2003, 08:58 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Buying GS100 accessories in San Francisco

A friend of mine is going to SF for business next week and hopefully will have abotu a half day for sightseeing. As being avid photographer (like myself) he would visit some reliable shop over there to check for some accessories and also I wuold be aksing him to bing me a battery for my GS100 (larger then the default one, something like 2040 mAh ?) as well a set of Pana cassettes.

Would be grateful if someone familiar with that area would point me to the specific, reliable shop where the battery can be found in stock for reasonable price.

Exact address (and probably driving directions) is desirable to save him his valuable time.

Thanks in advance, Alex
Alex Zabrovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2004, 03:18 AM   #23
Outer Circle

A smile for the MX5

For almost a year, though he thought it had been much longer, Pokey had been collecting empties to save up for a new Pana 953. No, not the 24P, nor the Black Mamba. He could never afford them---and why would he need them when the 953 is such a steal? (Pokey knows the 953 is the poor man's DVX, and he also knows that black is just a trend.) So arduously and diligently, day after day and week after week, Pokey had pressed forth struggling with his rusty shopping cart, up and down Vancouver's richest alleyways, keeping his goal in mind. It's no job for a bum, you know. And by golly, he's now almost got the dough. He's just gotta collect enough wine bottles for the 14.5% PST and GST. This is Canada, where hard work pays off and dreams do come true. Another couple of weeks and Pokey's gonna be a film maker! :-))

http://www.dvfreak.com/mx5_go.htm
http://www.dvfreak.com/pana_mx5.htm

Disclaimer: not intended for the ironically challenged nor the satirically stunted. :-))
Old January 18th, 2004, 09:19 PM   #24
Major Player

Manual WB on DV852?

I was playing with using yellow, red, green and blue cards to set white balance on my Panny. It's pretty neat. I was wondering if any other users have any tricks, ideas, or color references to elmulate filters using manual WB. Like, a suitable WB card to do day-for-night shooting, warming, cooling, etc.?

Thanks...
Old February 12th, 2004, 11:05 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Looking for GS 100 owners - Orlando, Florida

Hi,

There is posibility I'll be videotaping seminar in Orlando and maybe will need help of second videographer (no experience necessary :) )

If you have GS 100 (preffered) or Sony VX 1000 You can contact me at
film@videographer.com

Thanks
Mike S. Cecotka
Mike Cecotka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2004, 06:08 AM   #26
Outer Circle

Battery info

Everything you wanted to now about your cam's battery:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

(It seems that my DVL batteries aren't going to last too much longer!)
Old April 3rd, 2004, 06:14 AM   #27
Outer Circle

NTSC/PAL info

NTSC/PAL conversion info, or why you should not buy a NTSC cam if you live in PALsville, or why you shouldn't buy the black mamba if you live Down-Under. :-))

http://videoexpert.home.att.net/artic2/197stand.htm
http://videoexpert.home.att.net/artic2/198stand.htm
Old April 5th, 2004, 01:18 AM   #28
Outer Circle

Please, Tom...

I can't take it any more. Reassemble your MX300. I'm having nightmares about it being in pieces and collecting dust in your kitchen cupboard. Do you want me to try and get you a MX300 service manual?

By the way, in how many pieces is it? :-))
Old April 25th, 2004, 06:01 PM   #29
Outer Circle

"Bright" lens?

The JVC GR-DV900U has a bright lens. How "bright" the Black Mamba's lens?
Old April 26th, 2004, 04:17 AM   #30
Outer Circle

the good and the bad

One thing that puzzled me in the early days was miniDV's resolution. I was amazed at the sharp rich footage, even though these cams were the first kids on the block. The resolution was a far cry from DV's capable 540 line playback resolution but they required little light---perhaps due to the bigger CCDs and less pixels. Today most cams are even sharper and they are all closer to the 540 line playback, but a number of other things have changed, one for the better one for the worse. The better is better priced. D_mn! cams are cheap now. The worse, of course, is the LUX. These sharper cams require more light. However, in the end we learn to live with the good and the bad, keeping in mind that our cams are tied in with our broadcast systems; and that doesn't require a lot of lines but does require a little light.

So, tell us about the ugly, or what's your ugly regarding miniDV? (The tape? A horror story?) Please do tell.

:-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant