Various posts & questions about Panasonic DV / GS / MX camcorders - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old September 4th, 2004, 10:50 PM   #46
New Boot

high-speed SD cards in GS-100?

Does anyone have experience using any of the newer (i.e., 2004) high-speed SD cards in a Panasonic NV-GS100K or similar camera? I'm wondering if using such a card would reduce the time the camera "freezes" while saving the still image to the card.
John McRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2004, 09:02 PM   #47
New Boot

GS400 vs Gl2

I used to own a GL2, and needed to sell it.

I am now looking at the GS400, how does it compare in image quality and low light to the GL2.

Craig
Craig Bartelloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2004, 11:07 AM   #48
New Boot

GS400 and AT822: Anyone w/this combo?

I'm considering using an AT822 stereo mic on my GS400. I've read many comments that the AT822 is very sensitive to camera motor noise, etc. My experience with the GS400 is that it's a very quiet camcorder so I'm wondering if this would be a practical combination when hotshoe mounted.
Camera mounting would be the only way I would consider using the AT822, although I would employ some type of sound isolation mount.

Has anyone attempted this successfully? Thanks...
John Macri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2004, 09:52 AM   #49
Regular Crew

GS400 Camcorder demos in Orlando?

Anyone know of any place in Orlando or around central florida that would have a GS400 on site to check out?

The widescreen option and pro-cinema feature, (plus the price), make it seem ideal for shooting music videos and shorts so I'd like to test it out first before I decide to make the plunge and buy it.

Circuit City lists it on their website, but don't seem to carry it in any of their stores around town. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Sean Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2004, 01:29 PM   #50
Regular Crew

Mx500 life using as a vcr, and problem with nvds28

Hi,
I've a problem; I usually use my panasonic nvds28 to capture minidv (recorded with different cameras) to pc from my minidv.
I do this to preserve the life of my mx500. But I have some problems:
Some tape has discontinous audio
Sometimes captured video has a noise peak
Some tapes has audio with a lot of metallic flange
Some captured video has a flash of "white squared dots"
This problems with the mx500 doesn't exist.

what's worng in the ds28?I've cleaned the head but with no result...

So Now I've to use my mx500 to capture the tape that had problems with nvds28 ...BUT how long will be the head life of the mx500 if I will use it in this way?Should will I encounter the same nvds28 problems? could I use the mx for pc capturing or will I encounters problems?

I hope you can help me and I hope you can understand something of my unreadable english..sigh!
Marco Mezzalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2004, 10:20 PM   #51
Regular Crew

Wide-Angle for DV953?

I'm looking to purchase a wide-angle lens for my DV953. I have no specific FOV goal, but at least 1.5x the FOV of the lens at 1x zoom would be preferable. As most of you probably know, it has a 43mm threaded mount on the front of the lens. What're my choices in terms of screw-on wide-angle lenses, and where can I buy? I checked out B&H, but they don't seem to carry anything this low-end. Any thoughts on suppliers?
Ryan Spicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2004, 11:33 PM   #52
Regular Crew

GS400 Sound quality via XLR adapter?

I was also curious if anyone has actually used an XLR adapter (like a Beachtek or Studio 1) on the GS400 and how they thought this worked out. (contact quality on the 1/8 jack, noise or interference) I have used these on my GL1, wondered how it performed on the GS400.

Thanks
Brian Carrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2004, 06:55 PM   #53
Regular Crew

DVC30 for Skintones, & Color Controls useful?

Was wondering how this camera is for capturing caucasion skin tones? Overall color reproduction?

I know the color on this cam isn't as saturated as the GL1 and PDX or even the GS400 (as I am told), but do the color/image controls live up as advertised, such as adjusting the pedestal, chroma and color temp? I am assuming I can ramp up saturation in post if I really want it.

I appreciate any honest input on this. Also,

Someone also said that the GS400 is sharper in 4:3 interlace than DVC30, anybody have any experience with that either?

Brian
Brian Carrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2004, 04:11 AM   #54
New Boot

AG-DVC30 same as DVC33???

I live in china and on the websites here (including panasonic's) they have a cam with the same specs and appearance as the dvc30 but its called the dvc33 (and obviously a PAL version).
Would this be the same cam but just with a different number?
by the way the DVX100 is called DVC180 over here. Weird eh?
Why would they do this but only for some cams, the GS400 is still the GS400, GS120 is still GS120 etc..
Grey Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #55
Inner Circle

how the auto ND filter works

http://www.fortvir.net/gallery/DV953/mx500_03?full=1
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2005, 07:23 PM   #56
New Boot

demo gs400 test run

Hey guy took the gs400 to manhattan seems like its not going back so far no motor noise or hiss on the audio going to ge two year mack warranty at bandh thanx for the input to all
Joe Amato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #57
Major Player

GS250 Pix

Excuse the violation...
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2005, 04:16 AM   #58
Regular Crew

Live in LA and have a Panasonic GS400?

Hi,

I wasn't sure what section to put this in, but here it is. I dont know how many any members on this board have been following the development of the Micro35 (www.micro35.com) over the last year? Well, if not, in essence it is a 35mm adapter that has come from a few postings on how to build something to a commercial offering.

I am looking at getting one myself, however James & Brian (the guys behind it) haven't tested it on a GS400 yet. However they are more than willing to test it if they can get there hands on a GS400. Well I live in Australia, so I am a little uneasy about sending my baby through the post to LA.

So I was wondering if there is anyone interested who lives in the LA area who would be interested in teaming up with Brian/James to test the rig out on the GS400?

If your interested drop me an email "info at robertrobertproductions.com", or you can get it from my site @ http://www.robertrobertproductions.com.

Cheers

Robert
Robert Double is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 07:56 PM   #59
Trustee

GS400 frame mode with FX1's HDV footage

Hi, I made a clip using FX1's HDV footage and covered some parts with footage shot by GS400's frame mode. You will be surprised how well it merged in despite the resolution difference.

My blog post about this study (including the links to the video files)
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 02:45 AM   #60
Tourist

nv-gs50

Hi all ..

I have Panasonic camera model nv-gs50 ..

my friends ask me if we can make movies by this mini camera ..

i have cinema software i can put some effects in Snapshot ..

if there any one have experience about how take snapshot in minicam :|

Thank you
Nayef Alotaibi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant