DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/)
-   -   dv953 color correction (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/40140-dv953-color-correction.html)

Derek Grimes February 26th, 2005 12:00 AM

dv953 color correction

I have 2 dv953s. I just bought one off ebay. The settings are exactly the same on both camcorders, exact same UV filters, but the colors are different. Is there any explanation that can help me. I bought the exact same camcorder to avoid this situation. Help please!!

Rob Lohman February 26th, 2005 06:52 AM

Hello Derek and welcome aboard DVInfo.net!

Have you removed all the batteries (including the backup battery
that stores the settings) and left them out for say an hour on both
camera's? This should clear all and every setting (you may have
missed some settings).

Then the camera's should in theory produce the same signals,
however I can imagine there may be slight differences between
the camera's. How noticable is it after the procedure above?

I assume these camera's are second hand? If so they may need
calibration etc. (not sure if is possible to send to Panasonic and
how expensive that would be).

Tommy Haupfear February 26th, 2005 07:50 AM

Derek, I know you've said the settings are identical on both cams but does that include the individual color and sharpness settings in Picture Adjustments under Advanced Functions in the menu (p.32 manual)?

You might also want to try adjusting the color setting even if they are the same to try and compensate for a possible manufacturing or component change (not necessarily a problem).

Derek Grimes February 26th, 2005 12:58 PM

color correction

I have not tried the color correction under advanced functions. I have been running the cameras in auto mode. Would that have something to do with it? I can try and run the cameras in manual and make those adjustments.

Forgive me if this was a stupid error, but I am just learning. Thanks

Tommy Haupfear February 26th, 2005 02:27 PM

Derek, thats a good question. I was under the impression that the color and sharpness settings effected the cam regardless of manual or auto mode. I could be mistaken since its been a couple of years since I've owned one. Its definitely worth a try and maybe a current DV953 owner can chime in.

Guy Bruner February 27th, 2005 09:42 AM

Picture adjustment only works in manual. When you set it back to auto, the manual settings are overridden. That's true of the GS400 as well.

Bogdan Vaglarov March 1st, 2005 12:01 AM

It will be good idea to reset the cams (there is dedicated small button on the side).
Then in Auto the cams can use different auto white balance depending on the source light direction and reflections.
Use them in Manual mode set at the same settings for WB, or Manually set the white balance for both cams then check the results.