DV953 or ag-ez1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old March 1st, 2005, 12:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DV953 or ag-ez1

I have read a little about this particular comparison, but have had no definative answer.

953 vs the ez1

It seems that the ez1 will produce a better picture (especially low light) due to the larger chips. I am very satisfied with the 953 in good lighting conditions. However, low light is very disappointing.

I have around $800 to invest in another 953 or my first ez1.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old March 1st, 2005, 05:01 PM   #2
Wrangler

While the 953 may not be able to "see" as much as a EZ1 I'm sure its DSPs are more advanced at reducing noise. I always want the newer cam and the DV953 is a great performer.
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2005, 05:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew

DSP's

OK-ROOKIE ALERT

What is DSP?
Old March 1st, 2005, 06:59 PM   #4
Wrangler

A DSP is a digital signal processor but I was referring to the overall electronic advancement between the two cam's innards.
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:28 AM   #5
New Boot

I still own a pvdv1000 which is suppose to be the consumer version of the AGez1 ( it's just black instead of grey). And I've got to tell you that even after buying a DVC30, I still keep it around. I've seen used ones going pretty cheap, but some things to keep in mind about the agez1 : You don't have firewire connector on the camera, so you'll need a dv deck or another dv camcorder to get the material into your computer. The battery life really sucks. Mine is finicky with tape's and seems to only llike panasonic tapes. You don't want to rely on the onboard mic, mine is noisy, but I use a shotgun mic and beachtek.
But on the plus side, and why I keep hanging on to it- it does excellent in low light, you have manual control over everything (except audio), and I'ts got a great veiwfinder(no lcd screen though). If you can find a good deal on one (I've seen them going for around $300 on ebay with accesories) then I don't think you'll be sorry. It seems what you really need to be carefull of is that they are old and you probably have a good chance of getting one with a lot of mileage on it.

Bill J.
Bill Jernigan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant