Good source for the MX5000 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old October 8th, 2002, 07:13 PM   #1
Tourist

Good source for the MX5000

I recently purchased a MX5000 camera through Allan Rejoso who lives in Tokyo and who says he has been an engineer there since 1989.

I did not know Allan before and found him through the MX5000 yahoo discussion group. In fact see:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MX5000/message/28

which inspired me to contact him.

Allan put in so much effort in answering all my questions that I became confident that I could trust him, even though he was a complete stranger. I realized that if there were any problem, I could have posted it in the discussion groups and he would have a hard time selling thereafter.

He was more helpful and more honest than I could have ever imagined. He offered to open the camera and test it for me (because there is a 7 day return to the store) and I took up his offer. He sent by e-mail pictures of what he had bought, including the Japanese sales receipt. I then wired him the money. He then shipped it by 3 day mail and sent by e-mail a picture of the mailing receipt. It arrived two days later, VERY well packed...Allan took extra care in packing everything.

Here is what I got:
1. MX5000 camera;
2. VW-PMX50 Accessory kit (including a Pany VW-VBD35 & 2,700 mAh battery, a charger, and 16MB SD card;
3. 1 extra Pany VW-VBD35 & 2,700 mAhbattery (so I have TWO (2) batteries in all)
4. A lens protector;
5. Laminated Cheat Sheets showing all menus, camera markings and screen displays in English with the Japanese next to each entry (I subsequently put English labels on all Japanese Markings on the remote and the camera);
6. A 16-page MX5000 Quick Reference Guide in English courtesy of Panasonic; and
7. A start-up guide in English.

I also downloaded the English MX500 manual from dv.freak.com

It all cost me $1574 (including shipping) my only other expense was $10 for the wire transfer.

I can't praise Allan enough. He did make a $250 profit but a lot of that is due to his finding a good inexpensive source in Japan where the price can vary by as much as $700 depending on where you get the camera. I did a tremendous amount of research and am confident that you will find that once you decide to get a MX5000 (or the MX1000 which is the equivalent to the Panasonic DV852), you will be as surprised as I was about the great service Allan provides (It would take too long to detail all his efforts on my behalf).

I am not an expert on dv cameras. I wanted to get the best dv camera that took good stills. Indoor lighting is not a concern of mine. I did use the MX5000 indoors and can say it was sufficient. Outdoors it was outstanding. Look at http://www.dvfreak.com, http://www.supervideo.com and the MX5000 and MX3000 yahoo discussion groups for more information. You can also look at the forums on http://www.dv.com and http://www.dvinfo.net. I was very hesitant about the Japanese markings and menus but now find that it is not that much of a problem, it just takes a little time to adjust (but that is true for any new camera)

If you would like to call me, send me an e-mail message and I will let you know how to contact me on a one to one basis so that you can be sure that I am not some kid on the internet or another Walsh 23 (for those familiar with the dv.com forum)! I volunteered to post this message simply because I was so pleased with the service Allan provided. If you purchase the MX5000 I will receive no compensation at all. A month ago I was just a shopper looking for what I was told was impossible, a dv camera that took decent stills. I happened upon the above discussion groups and read all messages. I am just sharing the results with members in return for everything I learned from others during my research. I would never have purchased the camera were it not for these groups. Many thanks to all.

Andy Maslow
Old October 8th, 2002, 10:33 PM   #2
Outer Circle

You should post Allan Rejoso's contact address, e-mail and phone number here.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2002, 09:26 AM   #3
Tourist

I did not want to appear to be soliciting orders for Allan so I only referred to the web posting where I discovered Allan:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MX5000/message/28

Since you asked, here is the information I have:

J. Allan Rejoso Jr.
home: rejoso@jcom.home.ne.jp

I believe he works at IHI Tokyo Engineering Center
+81-3-3997-9142

I think I have his home address if anyone wants it.

my email is: maslowa@mskcc.org
Andy Maslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2002, 04:27 PM   #4
Outer Circle

This cam is not brought in by Panasonic USA, so with posting his contact info, people who want a Japanese Import have yet another contact for getting something (from Japan). Besides, I'm sure Chris won't mind because his sponsors don't carry this stuff, as far as I know. So keep the feedback coming! Thanks.
Old October 10th, 2002, 04:25 PM   #5
Tourist

Andy

Can you email me your contact info, I'd like more info on your source. Thanks

Bruce bjk633@yahoo.com
bjk633DV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2002, 12:07 AM   #6
Outer Circle

Perhaps e-mail him. Sure beats Hollywood prices! Ya know what I mean?
Old October 11th, 2002, 07:08 AM   #7
Tourist

The source is:

J. Allan Rejoso Jr.

rejoso@jcom.home.ne.jp
Old October 14th, 2002, 08:22 AM   #8
Major Player

Hi Everybody,

I just want to introduce myself properly. My name is Allan Rejoso and I live in Tokyo. My personal cam is the PV130 which is the Japanese version of the Optura100, and I love it. If you are interested on the MX5000, MX3000, MX2500,or MX1000, I'm one of those who could certainly help. Just send me an email.

Andy, many thanks for the compliment.

Regards
Allan Rejoso
Tokyo Japan.
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2002, 04:50 PM   #9
Outer Circle

Welcome aboard, Allan!
Old May 26th, 2003, 04:06 AM   #10
Outer Circle

I just want to bumb this up for those of you how are looking for MX cam accessaries from a Japanese source (cheaper and available).
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant