Win XP can't detect my Camera? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old October 26th, 2002, 10:43 AM   #1
Dreadman

Win XP can't detect my Camera?

Hi, I've just installed my Firewire card (a QTEC 510F Firewire PCI Card). But windows is able to detect my camera.

I've put the DV Out to ON in the VCR Menu, and the AV Jack to IN/OUT on my MX300.

Does anyone know what I should do?

Thanks,
C-ya.
Old October 27th, 2002, 07:15 AM   #2
Dreadman

OK, problem solved. I've found this in another post, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have solved this one without this info!!

Here's what I found.

This is what I found!:

Quote:

The Problem: Cannot work DV camera in Windows XP because it keeps wanting to load some freaking "AV/C Subunit driver."

The Cause:

Windows XP renames two (2) files in the C:\Windows\Inf directory. This is a hidden directory, so make sure your folder options are set to view hidden folders.

Find a file that starts with "Msdv.inf" it may have a ".1" or ".f1" at
then end and rename it simply "Msdv.inf"

Then do the same for "Msdv.pnf" Find a file that starts with "Msdv.pnf"
it too may have a ".1" or ".f1" at then end and rename it simply
"Msdv.pnf"

Maybe this might be so help to others.

C-ya.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant