Advice on GS400 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 15th, 2005, 06:49 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks Leigh, I'm afraid I'm in PAL country so that rules out Japan unless I spend who knows how much to get one of Chuckmeisters Flight ? editing computers where apparently you can put NTSC in and get PAL out. He sent me some info a year ago about it. Thanks for the Photos.

Kyle,
I have seen that company on ebay before but it seems that my trusty friend YowCH can get me a better deal in Singapore. $1490 AUD + ship. Plus I can stock up on cheap tapes and batteries in the same order.

Cheers Ian
Ian Landy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2005, 10:53 PM   #17
Regular Crew

japanese menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh Wanstead
Hi Ian

Everything is in Japanese of GS400 sold from pricejapan and only NTSC. Don't worry about japanese menu, as you can get a free copy of english menu from this forum top link.

Regards
Leigh
I had bought a japanese GS400 NTSC model last year. It cost me about 800 Euro, the PAL version in Europe would have cost me nearly 2000 Euro then. By now the prize difference must be much smaller. I ended up studying the manual much more then I ever had gone through any manual before, but please mind that the menu displayed at your LCD is all in Japanese, and that this does make it's use a bit difficult.
Does anybody know that - by now - anybody has successfully changed his japanese menu to be in English, and if so, how to do it?
Andreas Griesmayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #18
Trustee

Hi Andreas,

I don't know.

Regards
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Griesmayr
I had bought a japanese GS400 NTSC model last year. It cost me about 800 Euro, the PAL version in Europe would have cost me nearly 2000 Euro then. By now the prize difference must be much smaller. I ended up studying the manual much more then I ever had gone through any manual before, but please mind that the menu displayed at your LCD is all in Japanese, and that this does make it's use a bit difficult.
Does anybody know that - by now - anybody has successfully changed his japanese menu to be in English, and if so, how to do it?
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant