DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/)
-   -   My MX3000 is on the way!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/5187-my-mx3000-way.html)

KalynScowcroft November 27th, 2002 11:16 PM

My MX3000 is on the way!!

My MX3000 is on the way and should be here shortly. It just cleared customs in San Francisco this morning according to the USPS webswite. If I could, I would drive down there tonight and pick it up. Then I could give thanks all day tomorrow for such an exquisite electronic device.

Holidays always throw the Postal system off. I hope it makes it here on Friday for the weekend. It would be a shame to get it Monday and have 14 hours of hard labor ahead of me before I could play.

Tim Selander will ship the tripod, filter kit, and rubber lens hood later when the shop gets the order in. Way to go Tim!!!

To let everyone know, Tim just had a death in the family. His mother-in-law just passed away and they had the funeral for her this week. So for those that pray, keep him and his family in your prayers. Death is a tough thing. Despite this tragedy, he was very speedy with my order and maintained a high level of professionalism. Thank you Tim!!!

Does anyone know if the remote on the tripod for the MX3000 will work with the DVX100, or perhaps the wired remote that comes with the MX5000?
Thanks.
Chad K. Scowcroft

Frank Granovski November 28th, 2002 12:04 AM

Hey, great! Now you belong to, `~ThE`~`CuLT`~`oF`~`tHe`~`Mx3o00`~` !

I can't answer your tripod question. Terrence can, but he's stuck in the jungle somewhere shooting. He just managed to e-mail me this morning, though.

I'm sorry to hear about Tim's mother-in-law. I'll have to sent him an e-mail.

KalynScowcroft December 10th, 2002 10:58 PM

I've got it!!

Well, I've had my MX3000 for a while now and love it. I did notice the reds seem to be a little oversaturated. I taped bright red flowers and noticed a lot of 'bleeding' on the edges. Is this common with the MX3000?? It also did not pick up the details within the red flower like it did the other flowers. Any thoughts?

I love how close you can get with this camera. It is like having a macro lens on. I could never get close with my TRV900 like I can with my MX.

Chad K

Frank Granovski December 10th, 2002 11:16 PM

Perhaps the bleeding is caused by out of focus shooting? Close down the iris and focus manually, perhaps.

Frank Granovski December 11th, 2002 12:21 AM

It might also be because of this:

"Do not cover the White Balance Sensor with your hand during recording..." It will change the color.

Or this:

"Outside of the effective range of Automatic White Balance Adjustment, the image will become redish...in this case adjust the White Balance."